ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Cutting Nested Sequence Stops Playback in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin TaylorCutting Nested Sequence Stops Playback in Premiere
by on Sep 15, 2015 at 5:32:21 pm

Ever since installing the most recent release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2015.0.2 (9.0.2 (6) Build)), it has a consistent playback issue. After about 1 minute of editing with a nested sequence, Premiere won't allow me to playback anything from a sequence or in the source monitor (I have also tired to open numerous projects to no avail).

The only partial-fix is to restart Premiere and edit a rendered sequence instead of a nested sequence.

It's a similar problem that arises when preferences are set to the incorrect audio card, but changing audio settings didn't fix it this time, even when trying two different audio devices. I also verified permissions were set to read and write, and tried rolling back Premiere to a previous version, yet the problem persists. I rolled back to CC 9.0.0 build yet still have the problem.

This is a timely issue as this is a company workstation and projects have deadlines.

Any advice is much appreciated,

Justin
________
________

Specs:

iMac 14,2
OSX 10.10.4 (Yosemite)
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Return to posts index

Justin TaylorRe: Cutting Nested Sequence Stops Playback in Premiere
by on Sep 15, 2015 at 6:16:59 pm

Alright, I finally found a workaround. The sequence I was nesting must have been corrupted somehow and that was freezing up premiere each time I tried to draw it into another sequence through nesting.

THE FIX:

-Copy all contents from the original sequence into a new sequence (label the original sequence as corrupted)
-Nest the new sequence into another sequence with desired settings.

It's cutting fine for now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]