ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Cutting Nested Sequence Stops Playback in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Taylor
Cutting Nested Sequence Stops Playback in Premiere
on Sep 15, 2015 at 5:32:21 pm

Ever since installing the most recent release of Adobe Premiere Pro CC (2015.0.2 (9.0.2 (6) Build)), it has a consistent playback issue. After about 1 minute of editing with a nested sequence, Premiere won't allow me to playback anything from a sequence or in the source monitor (I have also tired to open numerous projects to no avail).

The only partial-fix is to restart Premiere and edit a rendered sequence instead of a nested sequence.

It's a similar problem that arises when preferences are set to the incorrect audio card, but changing audio settings didn't fix it this time, even when trying two different audio devices. I also verified permissions were set to read and write, and tried rolling back Premiere to a previous version, yet the problem persists. I rolled back to CC 9.0.0 build yet still have the problem.

This is a timely issue as this is a company workstation and projects have deadlines.

Any advice is much appreciated,

iMac 14,2
OSX 10.10.4 (Yosemite)
3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Return to posts index

Justin Taylor
Re: Cutting Nested Sequence Stops Playback in Premiere
on Sep 15, 2015 at 6:16:59 pm

Alright, I finally found a workaround. The sequence I was nesting must have been corrupted somehow and that was freezing up premiere each time I tried to draw it into another sequence through nesting.

-Copy all contents from the original sequence into a new sequence (label the original sequence as corrupted)
-Nest the new sequence into another sequence with desired settings.

It's cutting fine for now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved