ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Multiple Projects or Sequences

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse MasonMultiple Projects or Sequences
by on Sep 14, 2015 at 3:58:11 pm

There's been a bit of a debate at my work. I do a lot of video projects for multiple clients and organize them by client name. Over the years, some of these projects have grown quite large and it can take quite a while for the Project to load and media to index.

The engineer here at my work says that I should make a different Project for each new video I edit, but I'm hesitant to start doing that since I often reuse different elements from one video to the next and I don't want to end up with a maze of different project files where I have to go hunting from project to project to find a certain graphic or clip.

So is he right? Should I make multiple projects for each new video?

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Multiple Projects or Sequences
by on Sep 15, 2015 at 2:46:30 pm

Might spend some time building client "library projects"...

these can include not only clips, but sequecne set ups, etc.

When you Start a new Project you can use the media browser to import and mix and match elements from your different projects into your current one.

If you find you make something in the the current project you like...

Similarly..you can add that to the "library"...

again...open the corresponding library project and use the media browser to bring that thing into the library project and resave.

it's probably better to compartmentalize and try to avoid project bloat as much as possible.

my opinion anyway...

hth,

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Jesse MasonRe: Multiple Projects or Sequences
by on Sep 18, 2015 at 3:30:19 pm

Thanks for the response guys. Hadn't thought of making a "mother" project, but makes perfect sense now that you point it out. I'll def try that out.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Multiple Projects or Sequences
by on Sep 15, 2015 at 5:00:28 pm

[Jesse Mason] "Over the years, some of these projects have grown quite large and it can take quite a while for the Project to load and media to index."

[Jesse Mason] "So is he right?"

Well... Yeah.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Multiple Projects or Sequences
by on Sep 15, 2015 at 9:41:01 pm

To echo what Alex is saying, many times when I work on TV shows they will start out with a single 'Mother project' that all the assets will be imported into. Then there will be a new project created for each episode and only assets needed for that episode will be placed into that project.

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Multiple Projects or Sequences
by on Sep 16, 2015 at 2:20:49 am

I did a series of 6 spots in the spring and I built an "Elements" sequence into the project. I did this knowing they would be reversioning these spots through out the year. Change a price point, change an expiration date, change a shot here and there, new VO, etc.

So each time I do the revisions I start a new project and then import that "Elements" sequence into it (Open In Source Monitor) and just grab what I need from it then close it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]