ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

color cast changes when I upload video to youtube

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Swedencolor cast changes when I upload video to youtube
by on Sep 12, 2015 at 1:56:31 am
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Sep 12, 2015 at 1:57:53 am

This has only started happening recently. I know it's not Premiere Pro because the video is rendering correctly. But when I upload the file to youtube the end result is decidedly more purple. Has anyone else had this problem lately? Here's a side by side. The youtube video is on the left, a still from the video playing in Media Player on the right. I am not responsible for any cracked monitors or frightened babies ;-)

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: color cast changes when I upload video to youtube
by on Sep 12, 2015 at 5:19:57 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Sep 12, 2015 at 6:22:56 pm

I would just like to add that I've uploaded the same video to Vimeo and am getting the same result. How can this be? I also tried viewing the video in different browsers.

EDIT: I just uploaded the video using IE10 instead of Firefox (I'd been using Chrome up until last week, I figured that may have been the problem) and there is still a purple color cast. I even included a clip in which I did no post processing and even that shows a shift in color. At my wit's end here. Hard enough learning this stuff without having to troubleshoot a problem which makes no sense at all and just started happening this past week.

EDIT 2: Well, after MUCH research it seems I'm not the only one with this problem and it has been going on for years. So I'll leave this up for others edification.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: color cast changes when I upload video to youtube
by on Sep 13, 2015 at 3:17:17 am

if you apply AE's color profile converter, input your color space/display and output Srgb/rec709, does youtube look differently?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 13, 2015 at 3:26:24 am

I haven't tried it, but as I said in my 2nd edit, it seems to be a problem for a lot of people so it is definitely not anything I'm doing. As I said, I even uploaded a clip with no post processing and it upped the red channel.

For future reference where do I find my current color space/display? If you haven't read any of my previous posts you wouldn't know that I'm a complete amateur/home hobbyist, not a pro.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: color cast changes when I upload video to youtube
by on Sep 13, 2015 at 3:30:34 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Sep 13, 2015 at 4:20:30 am

file-project working space or the little rgb icon. but really, you can simply use color profile converter and leave working space alone, since your not simulating output or doing any advanced color management.

besides color management is just meta tags, and youtube etc ignore them, so you really have to use color profile converter anyway to "burn" in the right color, or use a LUT.

just my 2cents.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 13, 2015 at 11:15:11 am

I've had nothing but aggravation with LUTs, they do not get along with DSLR h264 footage.

I'll try the color converter thing and report back the results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]