ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can't Change Export Settings

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley RipkaCan't Change Export Settings
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 7:30:41 pm

I have used Premiere for years and I have never ran into this issue. I am just trying to export my video out as an .mov, heck even an h264 would work right now at my settings of 1920x1080 at 23.976 and at a quality of 100, but Premiere will not allow me to change any of my export settings. It's locking me in at 720x480

I'm so frustrated, please someone help me out.

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Can't Change Export Settings
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 7:33:27 pm

Look at your preset...it's set to NTSC DV. And the format...QUICKTIME...gives you very limited options. Click on QUICKTIME in the FORMAT dropdown and choose H.264. Then click on your PRESET and see a whole SLEW of options open up to you....

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Can't Change Export Settings
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 9:26:48 pm

[Shane Ross] "Look at your preset...it's set to NTSC DV. And the format...QUICKTIME...gives you very limited options. Click on QUICKTIME in the FORMAT dropdown and choose H.264. Then click on your PRESET and see a whole SLEW of options open up to you..."

Shane has this right...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Ashley RipkaRe: Can't Change Export Settings
by on Sep 12, 2015 at 3:59:49 am

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned this in my original post. I have tried all kinds of different settings, it doesn't matter what preset I have it on, I can not change any of the settings. If I check off "match source" it matches the dimensions and frame rate but it selects a quality of 50 and I can not change it. The only option I have found that works in the drop down is a QuickTime animation but I obviously can't continue to render files of that size.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Can't Change Export Settings
by on Sep 12, 2015 at 5:30:42 am

Going back to something Shane mentioned, if you have the Format (drop down at the very top) set to QuickTime then your ability to configure the settings will typically be more limited no matter which Preset or Video Codec option you choose. If you change the Format to H.264, for example, you'll typically have many more settings to manipulate. If you do have the Format set to H.264 and nothing changes then something is wrong. I'd do a quick restart of the whole machine first but if something is really corrupt then you have to do an uninstall/reinstall of the software.

What is the purpose of the export? For example, are you wanting to export a high quality master or are you wanting to export something to upload to the web for client approval?

-Andrew

Return to posts index

Ashley RipkaRe: Can't Change Export Settings
by on Sep 12, 2015 at 8:31:17 pm

I did an uninstall and reinstall already. H.264 is typically what I use for export because everything I work on is uploaded to the web, and I can't change any of the settings. It's locked in at 720x480 which does me no good.

I'm lost. Should I uninstall/reinstall again?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Can't Change Export Settings
by on Sep 12, 2015 at 9:02:53 pm

Hi Ashley!

I can help you sort this out, but I'll need to remote in to your Mac to see exactly what you're doing now, and to teach you a workflow that works every time.

Just drop me an email at drw@drwfilms dot com and I'll tell you how it works.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Can't Change Export Settings
by on Sep 12, 2015 at 7:07:54 am

[Ashley Ripka] "but it selects a quality of 50 and I can not change it"

If you have a codec and the quality setting can't be changed, then that codec isn't using the quality slider at all.

Return to posts index

Mike BuckhoutRe: Can't Change Export Settings
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 7:33:27 pm

Click the "Match Source" button, or just uncheck the boxes you want to change.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]