ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro 2015 Choppy Renders

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ritchie MellorPremiere Pro 2015 Choppy Renders
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 8:47:28 am

HI guys, am rendering out some drone foorage from PP 2015 and the export seems jumpy to me.

the intro is done in AE with Element3D and looks smooth, but the footage just isn't.

The the footage was recorded with the DJI Inspire1, 1920x1080 at 29.97, my sequence is 29.97, and then output using the export within PP with the YouTube 1080p 29.97 preset.

Before beinging into PP I run the footage through Mercalli v4 using the glidecam setting (all defaults) then output with the medium render setting. Only just remembered that part as I write this, so going to try and replace the footage with the original files, to see if it makes a difference, but it hasn't on other test projects.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro 2015 Choppy Renders
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 12:25:49 pm

If the framerate has stayed the same then I would suspect the stabilization and/or the original footage. Some of the bits in the footage might be impossible to stabilize smoothly and there might be bigger bumps that just look weird when it's stabilized.

Return to posts index

Ritchie MellorRe: Premiere Pro 2015 Choppy Renders
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 12:41:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. It's more that it looks to me like the frames are generally jumping or skipping. I'm not concerned about the smoothness of the actual camera moves, as it was some early footage we did and that is main pilot error!

It just doesn't look a smooth as it should, jittery may be a better term.

Will be double checking my frame rates though.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 11, 2015 at 2:25:45 pm

Have swapped footage and it's still jerky like in the video, checked frame rate on source, stabilised and sequence. Also done the export through AME. Any ideas??

Return to posts index

by on Sep 11, 2015 at 3:46:49 pm

okay, so I have rendered just a source clip and the results are smooth as I want them, so definitely something funky is happening in Premiere. I sped up the footage using Speed/Duration, but the results are the same, so not that.

My export settings are

Width: 1920
Height: 1080
FR: 29.97
Field: Progressive
Aspect: Square
TV Standard: Based On Source
Profile: High
Level: 4.2

Render At Max Depth: Off

Bitrate: VBR, 2 Pass
TBM: 16
MBM: 16

Key Frame Distance: Off

Use Max Render Quality: Off
Use Previews: Off
Use Frame Blending: Off

Return to posts index

by on Sep 11, 2015 at 4:34:37 pm

Okay, so I have used Media Browser to find one of the source clips and dragged that into the timeline to create a sequence, exported with previous settings and its smooth as I want!

Checked Sequence settings for both this and y original and they are identical! So NOW I'm even more confused!

Return to posts index

by on Sep 25, 2015 at 5:23:57 pm

So, still messing around with this, and it seems to be linked to the speed / duration and time remapping options. Everything is fine until I change the speed of a clip and then that clip is choppy. I have set a clip at 120%, reverse field order, processing with None, Always Delinterlace and Remove Flicker, no difference. I have tried Render and Replacing, Render In/Out, just not making a difference, but if I chance the speed back to 100%, its perfect again, so that is definitely the issue. Same issue if using GPU or Software Renderer. Using Frame Blend does improve things, but still looks funky.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 25, 2015 at 8:04:24 pm

[Ritchie Mellor] "reverse field order, processing with None, Always Delinterlace and Remove Flicker, no difference."

I have no idea why you would even do this.

[Ritchie Mellor] "Using Frame Blend does improve things, but still looks funky."

Then the issue is with the footage and the fact that you're trying to do too much to it and it breaks. You could try Twixtor or the optical flow time warp that AE has.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 25, 2015 at 8:32:26 pm

Thanks for the response.

I am at a point of trying ANYTHING! I read about reversing speed caused an issue, so was having a play.

Even just brining footage in and altering speed does it.

Will just process the speed part in AE, but really want to know why this is happening.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 26, 2015 at 6:46:48 am

[Ritchie Mellor] "but really want to know why this is happening."

You are changing the speed of footage that doesn't look good when you do it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]