ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Importing png/psd files into Premiere CC issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake RoseImporting png/psd files into Premiere CC issue
by on Sep 10, 2015 at 4:48:38 pm
Last Edited By Jake Rose on Sep 10, 2015 at 4:50:03 pm

This is a new issue, never had it before:

When I import a png or psd or jpeg file into Premiere CC (iMac, OS X 10.10.5), and place it on the timeline, everything seems fine. But as soon as I scale to frame size, or set to frame size, or even go to the motion setting and shrink the image even by 1% (to 99%), the entire program window goes black. If I scrub or play, I can see everything fine, it's only when I am paused over a portion of the timeline where the image appears that everything goes black!

This is happening with multiple image files, so it probably isn't being caused by a single corrupt image file.

Any help???

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Importing png/psd files into Premiere CC issue
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 3:13:29 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Sep 12, 2015 at 2:31:31 am

trying turning off mercury playback and going to software mode. if that doesn't work, update gfx drivers and premiere patch or try another codec ingest.

Return to posts index

Jake RoseRe: Importing png/psd files into Premiere CC issue
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 3:24:35 pm

Thank you!

Turning off CUDA and going into software mode fixed the problem...although I'd still like to know why this comes up, seems like something Adobe should fix, I'll put in a request.

Return to posts index

Courtis MerryRe: Importing png/psd files into Premiere CC issue
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 3:59:17 pm

I would also recommend making sure you've downloaded the CUDA driver for Mac. NVIDIA recommends the CUDA driver if your applications are leveraging the CUDA technology in the card. If you already have it, make sure it's up to date. I'm using CC 2015 on the same version of Mac and not having that problem (it is an old Mac Pro, though). I have a GTX 680 with CUDA driver 7.0.64. You can find the latest drivers here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html

If you try this and it works, please let me know!

Return to posts index

Jake RoseRe: Importing png/psd files into Premiere CC issue
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 6:03:45 pm

I have the same GTX card on my MAC and I just updated my drivers, and yes, that solved the issue.

I don't understand why things that aren't a problem suddenly become a problem when new drivers are available. It's almost like they intentionally mess stuff up to get you to think that you always need new drivers, putting you in the mindset that at some point you need new hardware so you're more likely to go out and spend more money... okay, I am slipping into conspiracy theories here...

Thank you!

Is there a way to be notified automatically when there's new NVIDIA drivers available? In the past I have always had to manually check.

Return to posts index

Courtis MerryRe: Importing png/psd files into Premiere CC issue
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 6:11:00 pm

Awesome! There isn't a way to have it notify that I know of, I always have to manually check. Which is weird because other applications will give me a notification if there's an update. Oh well, can't have everything be easy as pie. Glad that helped you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]