ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

16 hour rendering time

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Lusk16 hour rendering time
by on Sep 10, 2015 at 12:01:16 am
Last Edited By Cory Lusk on Sep 13, 2015 at 11:22:39 pm

I've looked far and wide to find out how to fix this and I can't seem to find any answers. Hopefully someone here is able to help, which I would much appreciate.

A friend of mine built a bare bones package for me, and a year ago I started my own video production company and realized. I need a faster computer, well render times were taking close to 20hrs! for 15 minute videos. I had after effect links, and used neat video to take out noise. This took to long so he suggested a new CPU after some research I found the Intel i7-4790k, and Maximus Hero VII motherboard. Rendering for the same videos are taking 16hrs, it still seems to long. I have 8gbs of Ram, I used a Nvidia Ge-Force GTX 650 as my graphics card. I just replaced it with a Quadro K620, but it doesn't seem to do anything? (I just plugged it in an turned on the computer)

Specs
CPU: Intel i7-4790k
Ram: 8gb
System: 64 bit Windows 10
Graphics card: Quadro K620 or Nvidia Geforce GTX 650

Any help would be absolutely amazing! Thank you!

I rendered a 16 minute video, added color correction and some curves. It's taking 30 minutes to encode the video, then I'm assuming will take some more time to render. This is with no neat video. The Quadro K620 video card is in, the mercury render and playback is on. It's not giving me an option to switch to something else.

Again thank you everyone for helping, I truly do appreciate it! =)

Return to posts index

John MitchellRe: 16 hour rendering time
by on Sep 10, 2015 at 1:40:19 am

Neat video is what I call an "expensive" effect. It does a good job of reducing noise in video but as you've discovered it takes a long while to render. It's analysing every pixel in every frame before it can process.

I would only use it on footage that actually requires it. If you expose correctly and light correctly then you shouldn't need it. Moreover using it on good quality footage which actually have a negative impact reducing resolution.

You might actually email Neat video and ask them if there is any way of speeding things up - it may be your video card that needs a boost but it may just be that no matter what you do it takes a long time to process.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: 16 hour rendering time
by on Sep 10, 2015 at 2:58:38 am
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Sep 10, 2015 at 3:00:29 am

Yes, even I, an amateur, know the sting of Neat VIdeo dragginess. On the rare occasions that I use it I have to turn it off while doing my other tweaks or else it takes forever to do anything; adjust white balance, sharpness, anything. I turn it back on when I'm ready to render. The other day I rendered a 14 minute video (without Neat) in about 28 minutes on my not even close to being professional work station.

I'd be curious to hear what kind of results you get if you render that 15 minute video with Neat Video turned off.

Return to posts index

Cory LuskRe: 16 hour rendering time
by on Sep 10, 2015 at 10:57:53 am

I get that it's a heavy duty program, but 15 hrs just seems so excessive. Is there any other suggestion you would have, with Neat Video still on? I edit with premiere and when i do noise removal i link it to after effects. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: 16 hour rendering time
by on Sep 10, 2015 at 4:45:57 pm

[Cory Lusk] "I edit with premiere and when i do noise removal i link it to after effects. Thank you!"

If you have CC 2014.2 (Dec 2014) or higher, you can use Render and Replace [link].

I'd highly recommend this so you don't have to re-render the effect every time you export.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Cory LuskRe: 16 hour rendering time
by on Sep 13, 2015 at 11:17:55 pm

Awesome Tip! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: 16 hour rendering time
by on Oct 24, 2015 at 2:37:34 am

Top your list for improvements should be a solid media storage & backup system. If you lose your original media and don't have frequent backups as you work on a project... then you have a huge problem. When I was working as a DIT tech, I was surprised at the number of people who want to shoot their first project out of college on a RED or ARRI ALEXA or whatever the latest and greatest technology might be, but haven't given a moments thought to a plan for backup of audio, video, etc. during a shoot, or even after the project is completed.

Anything you can do to boost the speed and throughput of data & graphics is well worth it.

Upgrade your RAM to the maximum your machine will accept. Minimum 32GB to ---? Remember to purchase the fastest RAM your machine will accept - Both Speed and Capacity need to be matched.

If you can use CUDA - Mercury Playback Engine Processing on your graphics card, then that will help you out with rendering time.

Next would be upgrading your HDDs / RAID array and use the fastest connection possible (USB 2.0, 3.0, Firewire 400 or 800, eSATA, etc.)

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]