ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Big file size export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik FarkašBig file size export
by on Sep 7, 2015 at 7:19:03 pm

Hello,

So I'm new to editing videos and especially to exporting them to have the right quality low file size. I made a 21 minutes long video, which will then be played on TV, the thing is it has to fit on ONE DVD which is, if I'm not mistaken, 4.7 GB minus about 500 mb which makes it 4.2, but my export is to be 5.3 GB at these settings:

multiplexing: MP4
stream compatibility: standard

Format: H.264
TV Standard: NTSC
res: 1920x1078
framerate: 59.94
pixel aspect ratio: 16:9
profile: high
level: 4.2
Bitrate encoding: VBR, 1 Pass
Target bitrate(mbps): 32
maximum bitrate (mbps: 40

Audio is:

codec: AAC
output channels: Stereo
frequency: 48 kHz
quality: high
bitrate: 320 kbps
precedence: bitrate

And I have "Use Maximum Render Quality" checked

So basically I want to ask if it will fit as it is 21 minutes long and DVD's can hold more than 21 minutes, or if it wont fit because of it's big size. And I wonder what is the right setting to lower, so that it has smaller size, if it has to be reduced.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Big file size export
by on Sep 8, 2015 at 1:13:36 am

If you want the DVD to playback on a TV it can only be encoded in a certain way (MPEG2, 720x480, etc). A good place to start would be with one of the DVD presets in Adobe Media Encoder.

-Andrew

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Big file size export
by on Sep 8, 2015 at 1:41:50 pm

Andrew makes a good point.

Are you creating a *data* DVD simnply to deliver the MP4 file? Or are you burning a *video* DVD designed to play in a DVD player?

If it is a data DVD, you might try simply reducing your bitrate.

If it is a video DVD, remember DVD's are standard definition only (720x480 NTSC, 720x576 PAL). You will be making a much smaller file anyway, once your finished product is reduced to standard def.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Big file size export
by on Sep 8, 2015 at 8:56:35 pm

Good comments so far. I notice that your specs say "1920x1078" which should be "1080", so was that a typo?

As discussed, if you intend to make a DVD for playback in standard DVD players, then the DVD must be created in a very specific way to meet the official DVD specification so the DVD will work in all players.

This means when exporting with Media Encoder, choose "MPEG-2 DVD" as the Format. Not "MPEG-2" or H.264", but "MPEG-2 DVD" only. If you encode to anything else, Adobe Encore (or whatever authoring software you use) will just transcode the video again to the correct format anyway.

As stated earlier, DVD is always SD - if you want HD, then you need to make a Blu-ray disc (or put an HD clip on a data disc, but that won't play on most players).

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction, but just let us know if you have more questions of course!

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]