ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

4K Sequence question in regards to 1080 export and scale

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
benjamin pollock4K Sequence question in regards to 1080 export and scale
by on Sep 7, 2015 at 4:19:38 am

Hi,
I have two questions.

#1 I'm working in a 4k sequence in Premiere Pro. I'm going to render the project in 1080. I've been rescaling and cropping the 4k footage because I was under the impression I could do this if I'm going to render in 1080. So, I'll have a 4k clip in my 4k sequence with the scale adjusted to 170% for example.

Now, I'm afraid that this is not the correct way to do it. I read something online that if you do it this way, then premiere will (in the process of rendering) enlarge (thus degrading my 4k clip) the clip, and then during encoding will change the clip to 1080.

#2 Additionally, I have a bunch of 1080 footage in the 4k timeline. Whenever I bring in a 1080 clip, I press the setting "scale to frame size". Will this footage end up getting degraded as well or will premiere recognize that it's a 1080 clip that's getting rendered to 1080 and not go through enlarging it.

Logically, I can understand now that it would have been a safer approach to have started this in a 1080 sequence, since that is what I'm going to render to. But, I didn't do it this way unfortunately.

Anyone out there have any insights as to how premiere will treat this footage?

thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]