ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro audio to a DAW. Working for anyone?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver PetersPremiere Pro audio to a DAW. Working for anyone?
by on Sep 5, 2015 at 7:27:09 pm

I’m working on a set of interview-based videos that I’m cutting on Premiere Pro CC 2015. I sent audio to the mixer from Premiere Pro CC 2015. He's using Logic Pro X. I first tried an OMF and Logic couldn't open any of the embedded audio files. AAF was fine, but we encountered a shift at every point where I'd placed an audio dissolve.

When I edit dialogue in PProCC, I place short audio dissolves across the cuts. In Logic, these dissolves were gone and gaps were left. However, the full media clips were there. This resulted in the dialogue going further out of sync at each new clip.

When I deleted all audio dissolves from the Premiere Pro timeline and exported a new AAF, everything was fine in Logic.

For grins, we tried "looping" through Audition. You can use Dynamic Link to send the sequence from Premiere Pro to Audition. That works and audio dissolves and volume keyframes are correct. Audition enables OMF and/or XML export. However, both options to get to Logic still didn't work.

Audio clips in Audition are extracted WAV files. You can specify how you want these trimmed and converted, but an embedded OMF has the wrong links and Logic can't find the files. Same with an XML. The only thing that worked was to send as an OMF with referenced media, not embedded.

This can be trimmed and converted to AIF if desired. Unfortunately the audio dissolves and volume keyframes are lost, so not much better than the AAF export out of Premiere, except you don't have sync problems or the need to remove the dissolves. Logic simply sees the clips as overlapping, but no dissolve is placed in the overlaps.

I was wondering whether this was purely an issue with Logic that wasn't an issue with Pro Tools. However I ran across this thread on the Avid-L2, which would indicate that it doesn't work well anywhere.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Avid-L2/conversations/messages/125497

Thoughts? Anyone having success anywhere? If so, what are you doing?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Eric SantiagoRe: Premiere Pro audio to a DAW. Working for anyone?
by on Sep 21, 2015 at 12:06:57 pm

Just ran into an AAF issue from Premiere and found your post.

For me Im stuck a Export level.

Keeps stalling at "Breaking out to mono ..." here:(

Cant even continue to Pro Tools :P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]