ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

New PC added to existing Mac workflow?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Forrest FoxNew PC added to existing Mac workflow?
by on Sep 5, 2015 at 6:23:43 pm

I apologize for not wading through thousands of posts, trying to resolve this on my own, but I'm hoping for a more "distilled" result by starting a new thread.

Currently running Adobe and Avid on a 2010 Mac Pro. Raid, FW 800, nice new GPU - works great.

Looking forward to upgrading, and for the first time in my career considering building a PC (I've built gaming PC's, so no issue with the "engineering"). I'll need it to play nice with my Mac, and all manner of drives coming from all manner of clients and other producers - mostly running Macs.

If I build a badass PC - and move the bulk of my work onto it - what's the best way to tie my systems together and afford myself the most flexibility in terms of sharing media, externals, etc?

I'd likely have a big RAID on the PC, or otherwise networked. No immediate need for 4K - but of course it's coming.

Thanks for your insight,

Forrest

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: New PC added to existing Mac workflow?
by on Sep 8, 2015 at 9:07:32 am

My little shop has been bi-platform for a few years. Networking pretty much just works. I keep MacDrive on all my PCs (for reading HFS+ disks) and Tuxera NTFS on all my Macs (for reading PC disks). I use Dropbox for keeping as much in sync between workstations as possible.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]