ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Simple sync?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon HensenSimple sync?
by on Sep 2, 2015 at 9:33:37 pm

Is there a way to perform a task similar to autosequence in AVID in Premiere Pro? I'm stuck in an AVID frame of mind, and having trouble thinking of ways to perform simple syncing tasks in Premiere.

Before I set up for multicam I want to see if it is even necessary by making a sync map of a full day's shooting. I'd like to organize my cameras and audio in a sequence by time of day timecode.

Anyone have a simple way of doing this other than manually? Surely there must be a way to automate the process if all my clips have jammed TC. In media composer I make autosequences and simply layer the media accordingly. looking for a similar function in Premiere.

thank you!
-Jon

Return to posts index

Jon HensenRe: Simple sync?
by on Sep 11, 2015 at 8:33:55 pm

If anyone's interested in what I ended up doing...

I ended up still using AVID, then using Resolve as an intermediate to make an .xml that Premiere would accept nicely.

I AMA'd to the media and made autosequences - did all my syncing this way as it was much quicker.

I then exported AAF files for each sequence to import into Resolve. Resolve needed to relink to the media first but had not problem doing so.

Then export .xml out of Resolve.

Import .xml into Premiere.

Seems like a lot of steps, but the process was very smooth and to my knowledge was much quicker than doing the sync in Premiere.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Simple sync?
by on Sep 12, 2015 at 12:28:08 am

AFAIK there is not a auto-sequence type function in PPro.

What I would do in PPro is highlight all the clips you need, right click, "make multi-cam source sequence", sync by TC and let PPro sync up all your audio and video for you. Then open the sequence, change the start TC to match your TOD TC then manually move the synced media to the right spot on the timeline according to the TC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]