ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Advice

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean ColterAdobe Advice
by on Sep 1, 2015 at 5:52:05 pm

I'm looking to do some (what I thought was simple) editing of some video for my sons hockey team. What I want to do, is take some video and at key points create a static frame and manipulate it.

For instance, I'd like to edit the image and move a player to where s/he should be on the ice versus where they are. I'd also like to highlight an area on the ice where the coach wants to emphasize something. The thought was to draw a triangle or something in another color to identify the area.

Anyway, I'm not looking at how (that I'll research myself) but is this something that can be achieved in Premiere Pro and After Effects or is there something else I should investigate using.

I currently have an old version of Premiere Elements 10 and before I look to invest in something more robust I want to make sure I get the right tool for the job.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Geoffrey KfouryRe: Adobe Advice
by on Sep 2, 2015 at 2:18:28 pm

Yes. You can use both of these programs to accomplish the desired results. Moving the players will require masking the still image (cutting out the player) and using layers on top of each other.

Essentially, you'll want to look into key frames, masking (pen tool), Vignetting/blur, and possibly motion tracking.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]