ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2014/GTX 770/Win 10 Performance Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans EiterPremiere Pro CC 2014/GTX 770/Win 10 Performance Problems
by on Sep 1, 2015 at 12:58:55 pm

Hi,

i am running Windows 10 on an i5 2400 Machine with a GTX 770 and the latest drivers (355.60) and 8GB Ram System Memory.
I am working with 4K Footage shot with my GH4 and I am really having trouble getting my work done.
The Files are on am external USB 3.0 Drive.

The Source Clips playback fine but when i edit them (no effects just editing and here and there rotation,scale not animated) after some time
playback will stutter even on 1/16 I'm seeing this problems. It does not seem to have an effect if I am editing in a 4K Sequence or a Full HD Sequence.

CPU is at 95% and GPU does nothing 0% sometimes GPU is at 3%.
Premiere recognizes my GTX 770 and I have Mercury Engine (CUDA) selected.

I tried opening the Project on my MacBook (Mid 2014 i5 2,6, Intel Iris Graphics Card, 8GB Rams) and I do not have these kind of problems.
The editing performance overall is smoother and playback is fine as long is i don't use any render heavy effects.

Something is off i guess but i can't quite figure out what the issue/bottle neck.
If I apply Cuda supported effects like the warp stabilizer (i tried quite a few with the cuda supported symbol) gpu load never goes above 5% and cpu its at 90+%.

CUDA Benchmarks i tried actually work and i see the load jumping to 100%.

Does anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction?

Best,
Patrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]