ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

MXF Export issues with PP5.5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel PuderMXF Export issues with PP5.5
by on Aug 31, 2015 at 7:52:59 pm

Using Premiere Pro 5.5.

I am trying to export a clip using the "match sequence settings" of PP. That results in a P2 movie format (DVCPRO50 codec) MXF file. I have tried encoding this twice now however it is NOT showing up anywhere in the output folder I have selected with the file name I have selected. It's going to an external HDD - I have checked the entire drive and there is nothing.

No error message, no crash. The status bar goes up to 100% and then closes like it has encoded fine.

However, within a folder called "CONTENTS" there are sub folders, within "Video" there are a batch of MXF files (which I am unable to play with any programme on my PC)/ If they are the exports I have been making, it looks like the audio has been separated from the video as there is a separate audio folder. This is an issue as I am encoding to upload to Flow Player, a video hosting site which has requested my project with no treatment / encoding on the export different to the source material.

Does anybody know what is going on here? Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: MXF Export issues with PP5.5
by on Sep 1, 2015 at 2:07:25 pm
Last Edited By Jon Doughtie on Sep 1, 2015 at 2:11:07 pm

The P2 file structure has a folder called "contents", as well as other folders. Video an audio are separate files in the P2 structure. You may also see a file named "lastclip.txt". All of this material is the original footage from the P2 card.

9207_p2folderstructure.jpg.zip

As to why PPro is not sending your finished product to your specified folder, I don't have an answer, I'm afraid. I worked with P2 for years and did not have this issue.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]