ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Multicam Sync

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark McDowellMulticam Sync
by on Aug 31, 2015 at 5:52:59 pm

Hi. Just filmed an event with three cameras (all shooting at most 12 minutes). We used a shitty camcorder to record the event in it's entirety and clap sync the various audio devices we have, and i was just going to use that footage to sync the three cameras with. However, I notice that Premiere has a multi-cam option.
I was wondering if there was an easier way to sync up all of my footage? Maybe through the internal clock for the cameras or something?

Return to posts index

Curtis CosbyRe: Multicam Sync
by on Aug 31, 2015 at 6:33:50 pm

There are many ways to do this. If you are in Premiere CC you can select all your camera's and then select to create a multi-cam sequence. Then you can select to use the audio. Since you did clap sync during the event this should do a pretty good job of lining the clips up. Also, you will then have the option to edit the event as a multi-cam event or you can open the sequence and work with the camera's individually. Hope this helps

Curtis

Curtis Cosby
Multimedia Assistant

Return to posts index

Mark McDowellRe: Multicam Sync
by on Aug 31, 2015 at 7:02:59 pm

The problem is that the cameras only shot for 12 minutes at a time over 2 hours, so I need to line up the clips from each camera first before I can put them into a multicam sequence. Is there an easier way to do this other than manually going through and lining them up?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 31, 2015 at 7:13:51 pm

I could be wrong but I don't think you have to line them up unless you need that for a different reason. If you set it up like I mentioned above where you have all the clips selected, then right click and create the multi-cam sequence, the sequence will be set to the length of you camcorder that recorded continuously. Then each of the 12 minute clips will be put into the multi-cam sequence as they fall inline with the audio from the camcorder.

Curtis Cosby
Multimedia Assistant

Return to posts index

by on Aug 31, 2015 at 7:38:27 pm

Ah, okay. I didn't know about the audio sync option (I'm using an older version of Premiere). The audio from the cameras is inconsistent in quality because two of them were handheld moving at the event. Will this matter?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 31, 2015 at 8:42:19 pm

That is a hard question to answer. It will depend if it is good enough for Premiere to read the audio. What version of Premiere are you using? I think this was added in CS 6 so if it's older than that it won't work the way I have described.

Curtis Cosby
Multimedia Assistant

Return to posts index

by on Sep 1, 2015 at 10:35:02 am

I have CS6 but I installed it when it was released and never updated. I downloaded the 2015 trial version just to test if it would work before going about updates and such, and Premiere gave me the message 'Could not synchronise one or more clips in the current selection because a match could not be found', so I guess the audio isn't consistent enough.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]