ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Project Manager Not Consolidatng

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael KlaumannProject Manager Not Consolidatng
by on Aug 28, 2015 at 7:30:30 pm

I have a couple of problems with Project Manger. I'm trying to consolidate and transcode to ProRes Proxy. I'd would only consolidate if that were possible but we know of the problems with that. So I'm attempting to transcode to ProRes Proxy. There are a very limited number of options to transcode to in the drop down so I make a preset and try to import the preset in the Transcode window...to no avail. The import "seems" to work because when I try to import the same preset it tells me there is already a preset of that name there however the preset does not present itself in the drop down so I can't actually use it. That's one issue the other one is if when transcoding I choose the Match Source - ProRes LT option it will occasionally copy the entire clip even if the clip is ProRes HQ and not random camera media.

This has been a problem in Premiere for several versions and I guess not many people use this option because it keeps on not getting fixed.

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Project Manager Not Consolidatng
by on Aug 31, 2015 at 1:59:40 pm

Source: Sequence will restrict the presets it displays to only those that match the selected Sequence Settings. Source: Individual Clips will restrict to only display those that are Match Source. Presets that don't match are not shown for these two Source: options. Source: Preset should show all presets. If you want to use Source: Sequence or Individual Clips, make sure you match your preset settings accordingly. e.g.: If you wanted to use Source: Individual Clips, make sure you click the Match Source button in Export Settings to create your preset.

For the issue when it will copy rather than transcode, doe sit provide a warning dialog and/or information in the Events panel about why it copied?

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Michael KlaumannRe: Project Manager Not Consolidatng
by on Aug 31, 2015 at 3:09:04 pm

Thanks for the response.

I understand now that I need to create a dummy sequence with the settings to match what I want to transcode to and then choose 'Match Source' and make a preset from the dummy sequence. Seems a little convoluted? Should be able to transcode to any preset.

Regarding the copy vs transcode, no there is no warning or message indicating why. It just copies as if it was transcoding.

Michael

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Project Manager Not Consolidatng
by on Aug 31, 2015 at 4:06:01 pm

Each option is designed for different workflows with intent to avoid mismatched scenarios between original and transcoded media.

Sequence: uses the frame size, frame rate, field type and PAR of the selected sequence and transcodes the matching clips to those settings. Non matching clips are copied. Sequence will filter out presets that do not match your selected sequence(s), displaying only those presets that match the frame size, frame rate, PAR and fielding.

Individual Clips: uses the frame size, frame rate, field type and PAR of each clip and transcodes them using their individual settings. When the source cannot be matched (e.g.: an attribute that the chosen format or preset does not support), the clip is copied. Individual Clips will display only Match Source presets for each Format.

By any chance does the problem clip have Time Remapping, Master Clip Effect or Captions? These are three known items that will not produce a warning dialog nor info.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]