ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Quick way to find out RED original recording framerate?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon ReichelQuick way to find out RED original recording framerate?
by on Aug 27, 2015 at 10:02:51 am

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble finding out the frame rate that RED footage was originally recorded in. Up until now I had a shortcut to open RED Player and there in the Metadata it was clearly displayed. Wasn't comfortable but kinda quickish and worked. Now they updated the player and I can't find that info anymore. It's frustrating. Is there a new way in CC15 to quickly find that info?

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Quick way to find out RED original recording framerate?
by on Aug 27, 2015 at 5:31:45 pm

For any file type, simply highlight the file in the Premiere Browser, click on File>Get Properties For>File.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Simon ReichelRe: Quick way to find out RED original recording framerate?
by on Aug 27, 2015 at 8:15:16 pm

??? That opens a Finder window.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Quick way to find out RED original recording framerate?
by on Aug 27, 2015 at 8:36:15 pm

[Simon Reichel] "??? That opens a Finder window."

No it doesn't - you didn't follow my directions silly.

I said highlight the clip in the Premiere Browser - you highlighted the clip in the timeline - they work slightly differently.

If you highlight the file in the Premiere timeline, click on File>Get Properties For>Selection.

You owe me two minutes of life now Simon for not following directions and causing me to write an unnecessary post.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Simon ReichelRe: Quick way to find out RED original recording framerate?
by on Sep 9, 2015 at 9:21:31 pm

I'll gladly renumerate you if you explain to me how that properties window helps me in my cause. I'm not finding the original recording framerate in there unfortunately.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Quick way to find out RED original recording framerate?
by on Sep 10, 2015 at 2:53:17 am
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Sep 10, 2015 at 2:55:03 am

Correct me if I'm wrong (which I probably am since I'm an amateur doofus) but isn't that info available in the "info" tab? Highlight the clip in the timeline (yes, the timeline) and the info for that clip shows up in the "info" tab. At least it does for h264 .MOV files

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]