ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Dual Graphics Card Setup Advice

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul LeavittDual Graphics Card Setup Advice
by on Aug 26, 2015 at 6:26:21 pm

Hey All! I've got a decently fast machine with an Nvidia GTX 660 (Cuda enabled), and I wanted to add a third monitor, and realized that I had an Nvidia GTX 460 gathering dust. So I installed it, and all seemed to go smoothly after getting the driver installed and everything, but now I'm not so sure.

My computer as a whole seems to be a little more laggy when it comes to resizing windows, video playback, and the like, and sometimes when I launch Premiere Pro it says that it's not running on a computer with CUDA acceleration, and switches to using software acceleration. Could this be because only one of the graphics cards has CUDA? Or because they're mismatched? I'm not a computer wizard, but I'm pretty savvy. Thanks for any help!
Paul

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Dual Graphics Card Setup Advice
by on Aug 26, 2015 at 6:49:04 pm

I am under the impression that you need two identical video cards, as well as a "bridge" card which enables them to work in tandem. I'm sure someone who's done this setup will weigh in with more information.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]