ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Rendering a Pro Res file with 16 tracks of audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapmanRendering a Pro Res file with 16 tracks of audio
by on Aug 25, 2015 at 7:35:16 pm

Hey there-

I am trying to match the settings of a previously rendered file. The file that I am rendering is a simple conversion of a 23.978 ProRes quicktime with 16 channels of audio (a 5.1 mix, stereo master, and stems of music and sfx, etc). I am trying to follow the advice of the post below but something is happening in the render which I can't understand:

http://strypesinpost.com/2012/11/exporting-multichannel-quicktimes-in-premi.....

I can import it into Premiere easily, and all 16 Tracks of audio show.

I have a new sequence which I create, and I make it using the following settings:
23.976, 2 tracks of video (to add a new slate to the top), and 16 tracks of audio.

When I render, I am using the following settings for audio :

THE PROBLEM:

When I open this newly created file in Premiere, it does indeed have 16 channels of audio and plays just fine. I can hear everything.

However, when I open the file in Quicktime, no audio plays or is present. The original file (with 16 channels of audio) plays fine in Quicktime.

I read something online about setting channels in the audio mixer to be 1+2, 3+4, etc. However this seemed strange to me as in that case I couldn't specify exactly which track they were. I found the below post on the topic, and I get as far as the "1+2" and "3+4" etc, but then I am missing the option as outlined below:

Does anyone know why I can't seem to find this option in the dropdown, or how I specify which track goes to which number... and if this is related to why I can't hear any audio when playing in Quicktime?

thanks!

Chapman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]