ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Best practice for a 23.978 to 29.970 in Apple ProRes, using Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapmanBest practice for a 23.978 to 29.970 in Apple ProRes, using Premiere
by on Aug 25, 2015 at 7:27:05 pm

Hey all-
I have a file which needs to be converted from what it was shot in, 23.79 fps Progressive. It needs to be 29.970 Progressive (I thought it should be interlaced, but it does not need to be apparently).

What is the best practice to achieve this in Premiere. I have tried both the "frame blending" and non option, but it still seems like I either get interlaced artifacts, or doubled frames.

Thanks
M Chapman

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Best practice for a 23.978 to 29.970 in Apple ProRes, using Premiere
by on Aug 25, 2015 at 8:19:44 pm

Sorry, there is no good way to do this. 24p to 30p...there's no way to mask the extra frames. Adding pulldown smooths this out, but that's when you go 24p to 60i...via interlacing. 24fps to 30fps...without interlacing...you are going to get repeated frames. There is a way to blend frames...but if there's lots of movement...that blending will distort in bad ways. Even in After Effects. If people are standing still and talking, it works fine. Driving shots, large hand gestures...walking...camera moves...nope. Then you are going to have to live with the repeated frames.

23.98p to 29.97p is just plain ugly...and a beast to do.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]