ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Finished MP4 has too much red

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee KleinFinished MP4 has too much red
by on Aug 22, 2015 at 6:04:28 pm

I edited a clip and adjusted the color. The program windows looks just right. But when I export in H264 and play it with Windows Media, the clip looks too pink. I change the clip effects and still too much red in the color.

Am I using the wrong export settings?

MK

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Finished MP4 has too much red
by on Aug 22, 2015 at 10:38:54 pm

Let me explain this with another example...

I grade my TV show on this broadcast monitor, properly calibrated...and it looks great! I export it to tape...or to a full res file...and it looks great! I deliver it to the TV network...who then compresses it for air, and plays on my TV..or my mom's TV...and it looks too red, or washed out. Not the same as it did...full res on my nice monitor.

When you compress...the information you lose to make the file smaller is IMAGE information...color information. So some of that rich, and proper color...is being tossed. SECOND, when you play it back via various media players...they can adjust the colors differently as well. When I play something in Quicktime, it doesn't look as good as it does in VLC player.

Plus...depending on what computer monitor you play it back on...it will look different, as it's calibrated different. Go to a computer store and look at all the computer monitors...and TVs in a Best Buy. Note how they all look different, even though they are playing back the same show.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ivan MylesRe: Finished MP4 has too much red
by on Aug 23, 2015 at 2:57:42 am

Lee, import the encoded MP4 into you Premiere Pro project and 1) analyze it with the RGB Parade scope, and 2) compare it to your final sequence (with and without scopes). It is not uncommon to see a slight shift in color balance, but the change should not be dramatic. Please post screen captures if the difference looks significant in Premiere Pro. Otherwise, it is probably attributable to external factors as per Shane's post.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Finished MP4 has too much red
by on Aug 23, 2015 at 9:58:10 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Aug 23, 2015 at 10:10:47 am

is your monitor color managed?
try importing it in AE with color management. It should look perfect.
if not, import into AE and use an adjustment layer, utility-color profile converter that burns in the correct color.
neither premiere or adobe media encoder supports color management. why? dunno.

windows media player classic home cinema supports color management for playback.
HD is rec709.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]