ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

PP cross dissolve problem.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jana BirchumPP cross dissolve problem.
by on Aug 19, 2015 at 10:11:43 pm

Hi and thanks for any input.

I'm editing photos into a series with music, as part of a larger doc I've animated the movement in Motion 5, exported as quicktime, imported the .mov files, and put them on a timeline added cross dissolves. This isn't a new technique for me and I've never had problems. I've been working on the piece for several days, and only the new edits show this issue. All the settings match--.mov files and timeline are the same specs.

But for some reason I'm getting a black frame at the transition. Just one. Right at the switch from one shot to the other. Moving in and out points doesn't change it. Should I restart? Put everything in a new timeline? I took one transition and created a new timeline and put the images then the transition in. Same deal. So I'm not thinking a new timeline will work.

Mac Powerbook w 16g ram running OSX10.9.5

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jana Birchum

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: PP cross dissolve problem.
by on Aug 19, 2015 at 10:53:07 pm

Check the parameters of the animation file you created in Motion, my guess is that you made an error in Motion by exporting at a frame rate that differs from your sequence settings.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Jana BirchumRe: PP cross dissolve problem.
by on Aug 20, 2015 at 3:56:03 pm

Well, that wasn't it. I had duplicated the project from a previously (working) project, and the parameters stayed the same.

I've just laid them into the timeline differently and it's working, so I'm moving on. I don't know why they don't dissolve correctly when laid side-by-side and the dissolve laid across. But they do work when laid on separate tracks and the dissolve added to just one clip, so I'll go with that.

gremlins.

jana b

Return to posts index

by on Aug 20, 2015 at 4:06:48 pm

I prefer the kind of gremlins that sneak in late a night to do all our uncompleted work.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Jana BirchumRe: PP cross dissolve problem.
by on Aug 20, 2015 at 4:50:06 pm

I NEVER get those gremlins. Just the "weird things happening that can't be explained kind".

Please send yours over. I could use some that do things CORRECTLY while I'm gone.

jb

Return to posts index

by on Aug 20, 2015 at 4:57:44 pm
Last Edited By David Roth Weiss on Aug 20, 2015 at 4:59:02 pm

[Jana Birchum] "I NEVER get those gremlins. Just the "weird things happening that can't be explained kind".

Please send yours over. I could use some that do things CORRECTLY while I'm gone."

In the fairy tale the gremlins made shoes at night for a cobbler who fell behind in his work - perhaps they've graduated to editing, but I've never awoken to a gremlin completed project yet.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]