ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2015 Caches

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leigh O'NeillPremiere Pro CC 2015 Caches
by on Aug 19, 2015 at 6:20:25 pm

Hi all,

I'm an Avid person cutting a long form project in Premiere for the first time.

I'm having issues with the project constantly reindexing my files every time I open the project. This project is living on an external HDD and I've set my media cache location(s) to the same folder as the project file on said HDD. However, I have a few other, much smaller, projects on the go and switch my media caches to the local default destination for those.

Is it switching the media cache locations that's messing up my project and forcing it to reindex my raw footage every time? I have "save next to originals when possible" selected in the preferences. How is the the index/database of a project stored? You'd think that the database would be stored in the project file and that the media cache locations wouldn't affect the indexed footage within the project.

Also, when I open my project Premiere generates new Peak Files for all my media. I can see the.PEK files stored next to my footage on the drive. Why does it keep forgetting that it already has generated these previews? If you change your media cache locations around, does Premiere not have a way of IDing the previews it's already generated and relinking them to the media within the project?

I'm dealing with over 100 hours of footage here and reindexing every time I open the project is killing me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Leigh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]