ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Trying to roundtrip clips to AE and back with morph cut

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Percival MosaediTrying to roundtrip clips to AE and back with morph cut
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 7:03:20 pm

Hello all, I am looking for a solution to help get through a very large project I am working on. I have hours and hours of talking head interviews shot against green screen. The edits are relatively simple, ranging from about 2-3 cuts for a 1 minute finished video. The issue is I have close to 100 of these videos to make from several hours of interviews.

My client really likes the way the Morph Cut transition looks, and I am doing my best to deliver that to them.

The only way I've been able to do this though, is make my edits in premiere, and then use Dynamic Link to send them to AE, apply the key and background, then render and import back into premiere, place over my original timeline, and then apply the morph cut between cuts.

Obviously, there is no way to send the morph cut transition to AE, so I have tried rendering just the 20second transition [by selecting the range and pressing return] and then sending all clips to AE, but DL/AE doesn't accept those either.

I then tried doing a hard render to disk of the 20 second transition and re-importing back into Premiere, but since this footage was shot on LOG and imported as .mxf, the transition clip levels are off and do not match the original footage, preventing me from being able to send those clips to AE and back.

As to avoid using AE at all, I am not satisfied with the quality of the keyers built into Premiere. I have always used Keylight with very good success, and do not want to change now. I did a search on this morph cut issue and saw a remedy that involves nesting sequences and then applying morph cut to said clips.

Is this a bug, or a limitation that Premiere and AE cannot do? I am desperately trying to avoid having to double render/export every clip twice as this will not only take so much extra time, but also waste a ton of disk space in the process. Thanks for your feedback!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]