ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Render audio ONLY from In to Out points?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapmanRender audio ONLY from In to Out points?
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 6:34:51 pm

Hey all-

When rendering in Premiere I noticed an annoying "feature" whereby the program renders ALL audio waveforms before rendering out a single clip.

For instance I have a 22 min timeline and want to only render 00;30 to 00:45, but the programs renders all audio out before it will do the 15 seconds of video?

Is there a way to :

A - turn this "feature" off or set the preferences to only render the audio between the IN and OUT points?

or

B - Save the pre-rendered audio information so that it doesn't have to prepare all the audio every time, only audio that has changed.

Thanks for your support

Chapman

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Render audio ONLY from In to Out points?
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 7:07:12 pm

A. Are you talking about building render preview files for playback in the timeline, or rendering a final movie from the Export dialog (or AME)? Either way, turning on the Work Area bar will help you confine your timeline to isolate a particular area.

B. As far as building render preview files form the timeline, it should automatically remember what you already rendered. if it's not doing that than is it possible you're changing things between renders or is there some other step you may have left out?

Return to posts index

matt chapmanRe: Render audio ONLY from In to Out points?
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 7:22:00 pm

I am definitely talking about option A.

I am rendering out a big project in AE and will test this when it's done.

Thanks!
Chapman

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Render audio ONLY from In to Out points?
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 8:16:58 pm

In the Preferences under General there is an option: Render audio when rendering video.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

matt chapmanRe: Render audio ONLY from In to Out points?
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 8:36:18 pm

You guys are BOTH very smart.

I tried both options, with the same results. Though, the "Work Area" bar seems like it is more work, since first you have to enable the work area bar, and then you have to line it up with the IN and OUT points.

Whereas once I had the option "Render Audio when rendering video" checked, I disabled the work area bar and it performed the same task.

So shortest and best workaround IMHO is in preferences.

Thanks!
Chapman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]