ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

External audio out of sync with video clip audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vasil SarievExternal audio out of sync with video clip audio
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 5:05:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem: my friends created a 2h 40min Dj set which they want to play under the video they recorded simultaneously. I noticed a problem first after Plural Eyes did not sync the audio with the video and then realized the external audio is going out of sync and for such a long video clip you have several seconds different in the end. The sequence I am using has the settings of the video clip, so I assume the problem comes from the external audio. What I noticed is the external audio had 44.1 kHz, unlike the audio in the clips which was at 48 kHz, using Audition I increased the kHz of the external to 48, but this did not seem to help. Also, tried to find distinctive frames in the beginning and in the end of the clip in order to calculate the difference and reduce the external audio's length, but it turned out to be a difficult job since finding the same exact moments in both audios is not that easy.

Do you have any idea, what can be done to the external audio so it doesn't go out of sync and also, what is causing the problem in the first place.

Here are some screenshots of the parameters:
Video file

External audio

Sequence properties

Project settings

Sequence settings

I uploaded the relevant info as sometimes the answer is completely obvious. If you'd like to see something else tell me.

Also the screen shot of the video file is on just one of the multiple, but they are all the same so.

Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: External audio out of sync with video clip audio
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 5:35:05 pm

Why is the sequence properties panel showing a drop-frame timecode and the sequence settings has non-drop frame? Try dragging the video clip to the new item button to get a proper sequence going.

Return to posts index

Vasil SarievRe: External audio out of sync with video clip audio
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 5:53:43 pm

Well, actually the sequence is created from the video clip, I did it once more by dragging, but is says absolutely the same.Before I dragged into the panel where the sequence stays, so it creates one, which is the same. :( :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]