ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Burn BluRay from Adobe Premier CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike GerkenBurn BluRay from Adobe Premier CC
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 6:38:51 pm

I am new to Adobe Premier being a FCP 7 editor before. Never using Encore nor having the app, how do I burn BluRays with Premier? I am confused by the threads indicating I must have Encore.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Burn BluRay from Adobe Premier CC
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 7:08:36 pm

Unless someone knows something I don't know (which is in fact completely possible), there is not a Blu-Ray workflow directly out of Premiere Pro.

Encore is the application for DVD and Blu-Ray authoring. Although it EOL'd with CS6, I believe, it is still available.

The workflow I usually use is Premiere Pro to Media Encoder to create DVD/Blu-Ray friendly media. Then import media into Encore and author from there.

You can also use Premiere Pro (with or without Media Encoder) to produce Blu-Ray ready media, and then use another authoring application to create your Blu-Rays.

By all means, someone who's smarter than me chime in if I have any of this wrong!

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Jud ArcherRe: Burn BluRay from Adobe Premier CC
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 8:31:51 pm

I do this fairly often for a client. My workflow is to render out the timeline to .m4v video files and .ac3 audio files using AME Adobe Media Encoder and choose one of the preset H.264 Blu-ray presets. That gets you the files you need.

For authoring and menu structure you can use Adobe Encore which is great for in depth menu structures but for straight up burn it to a Blu-Ray disc for HD playback with simple menu I use Roxio Toast with the HD/Blu-ray add on.

And if you are wondering, yes, you do have to have a Blu-ray DVD burner and Blu-ray discs.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Mike GerkenRe: Burn BluRay from Adobe Premier CC
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 8:41:32 pm

Thank you but when I try to download Premier Pro it tells me this will replace previous version. There is also no listing of it on the drop down menu on CC.

Return to posts index

Jud ArcherRe: Burn BluRay from Adobe Premier CC
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 9:13:14 pm

Mike, if you are referring to updating to the latest version of Premier, i.e.. 2015 and keeping older versions please refer to this Adobe blog post at http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2015/06/keeping-previous-versions-insta...

Regarding Adobe Encore (per Adobe website):
Encore is no longer in active development. Encore CS6 was the last version released.

The CS6 applications are still available are part of a Creative Cloud membership.
Encore is installed by first installing Premiere Pro CS6, which includes Encore CS6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/encore/kb/encore-cs6-installed-cc.html

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2015 at 10:17:59 pm

Thank you again.

Prem CS6 It is not available for download as per the instructions you sent. The other instructions indicate how to preserve your old copy of Prem. while upgrading to CC but I don't have the old version. When I go to try to download, it says it will replace it.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 17, 2015 at 10:19:57 pm

Never mind last post. I finally found it.

Return to posts index

Grace RoweRe: Burn BluRay from Adobe Premier CC
by on Sep 7, 2015 at 8:10:59 pm

Hey Mike, can you share the link where you found Encore? I'm having the same issue. I need it asap. I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

Elli MorrisRe: Burn BluRay from Adobe Premier CC
by on Sep 7, 2015 at 8:47:53 pm

I had the same issue and can't recall the link but I believe I went to Adobe help. They walk you through downloading the old PP, removing just the PP files but not encore, then copying over and moving to PP CC. It works, just takes some time. Hope that a might help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]