ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro - Exporting for VOD - QuickTime/MXF output with MPEG-2 Profile & PCM Audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan MajorPremiere Pro - Exporting for VOD - QuickTime/MXF output with MPEG-2 Profile & PCM Audio
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 10:55:15 am

Hi,

I'm trying to export a sequence for Video On Demand that fits the spec (see image below).

I'm new to this kind of exporting and am finding this pretty confusing.

I can't seem to find how to export a QuickTime or MXF file with an MPEG-2 profile that also has a PCM audio profile.

I have looked at exporting as MXF using the XDCAMHD codec, but this results in the file being 1920 x 1080 with no PCM audio. I'm also confused by the active picture and frame size dimensions as we were told we'd be submitting in HD.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've seen a few similar threads but am yet to find an answer. I'm a PC user in case that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro - Exporting for VOD - QuickTime/MXF output with MPEG-2 Profile & PCM Audio
by on Aug 17, 2015 at 4:36:50 pm

Those specs are for SD footage. Use the IMX 50 PAL preset under MXF OP1a.

Return to posts index

Dan MajorRe: Premiere Pro - Exporting for VOD - QuickTime/MXF output with MPEG-2 Profile & PCM Audio
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 7:46:09 am

Thanks Tero. Yeah the thing that threw me was that the audio codec for IMX 50 was 'uncompressed' which apparently is the same as PCM so that's ok.

The only other thing that doesn't match is the field order, which can't be changed from upper first to progressive. Maybe it doesn't matter, I'll soon find out.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro - Exporting for VOD - QuickTime/MXF output with MPEG-2 Profile & PCM Audio
by on Aug 18, 2015 at 11:43:34 am

[Dan Major] "The only other thing that doesn't match is the field order, which can't be changed from upper first to progressive."

This is per the specifications of the codec and can't be changed. I've had a bunch of requests for weird formats that can't be done, especially with tightly specced codecs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]