ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Additional hardware acceleration?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony JamesAdditional hardware acceleration?
by on Aug 14, 2015 at 8:20:17 pm

Hello all. I'm fairly new to Premiere Pro CS6 and have been forced to turn to the program in order to improve my rendering speeds. I'm a Sony Vegas 13 native, and so I've been using Vegas' export feature to convert my project to a .prproj and then render it in Premiere Pro. The issue is that Vegas is unacceptably slow in rendering because it's not fully compatible with my GPU (nVidia GTX 750 Ti) with its current settings. PP, however, CAN tap into hardware acceleration and gives me a rendering speed 2x as fast as Vegas. However, I'm still finding the render speed to be slow overall.

Here are my current rendering settings:
http://i.imgur.com/A6Mk9xN.png

So, using H.264, I'm able to get the standard of quality I want. Upon setting "Use Maximum Render Quality" for the first time, I was given a message that I should enable PP's hardware acceleration option. I did so, and got the rendering speed I have now. The render time takes 3 seconds for every 1 second of video. Therefore a 20 minute video would take about an hour to render. That's not terrible, but it's still slow for my liking, especially compared with a couple of other video editing programs I tested out. One program in particular gave me a 1:4 render speed (1 second of render time for every 4 seconds of video) which was phenomenal. However, I couldn't edit with it effectively and with the same ease as Vegas. So I know it's possible to render a video with my settings and get a much faster rendering speed, I just don't know how or whether it's possible to do in Premiere Pro.

Any additional information needed about my computer is in my signature. Thank you very much.

Processor: INTEL I5-3570K 3.4 GHZ
Hard Drive: WD 2 TB CAVIAR BLACK SATA III 6.0 GB/ 7200 RPM
RAM: 2x 4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600MHZ DDR3
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H CROSSFIRE SATA 3 USB 3 LGA 1155
Sound Card: ASUS XONAR DG 5.1 CHANNELS PCI XONAR DG
Graphics: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX750 TI 2GB OC
Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX V2

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Additional hardware acceleration?
by on Aug 15, 2015 at 1:18:03 pm

see this thread....

maximum render quality may not actually be necessary for what you are doing:

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/920605

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Anthony JamesRe: Additional hardware acceleration?
by on Aug 15, 2015 at 3:40:07 pm

Well I just tried it with a test video of the same type of source video I usually use and I didn't see any improvement in render time with it off. Are you certain there's no other settings I can change anywhere to try to improve the render speed?

Processor: INTEL I5-3570K 3.4 GHZ
Hard Drive: WD 2 TB CAVIAR BLACK SATA III 6.0 GB/ 7200 RPM
RAM: 2x 4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600MHZ DDR3
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H CROSSFIRE SATA 3 USB 3 LGA 1155
Sound Card: ASUS XONAR DG 5.1 CHANNELS PCI XONAR DG
Graphics: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX750 TI 2GB OC
Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX V2

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Additional hardware acceleration?
by on Aug 15, 2015 at 4:15:55 pm

Use 1 pass.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Additional hardware acceleration?
by on Aug 15, 2015 at 4:18:03 pm

You don't need maximum render quality if you aren't scaling the footage. Also you are rendering it in VBR 2-pass which will pretty much double the render time because it gets encoded twice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]