ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

compression for B&W Festival entries via internet

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Johnsoncompression for B&W Festival entries via internet
by on Aug 14, 2015 at 3:32:53 am

An animator I work with wants a compressed file to upload to festival websites for jury viewing. If accepted she would send a BluRay, DVD, or high quality QT file for play in the festival depending upon what they ask for. The show is B&W with gorgeous, fine gradations in moving shadows over a largely featureless wall. The predictable problem is when I compress to H264 with web specs or the like, the chiaroscuro turns into nasty movings bands. Maybe an insurmountable problem?

I tried several presets out of PP CC'15 such as the Vimeo variants and then a ProRes (LT) file which looks good of course, but weighs in around 1GB for a 4:30 show.

I know what to expect from camera and post codecs, but know little, if anything, about compressing for the web. Please give me a clue if you can. A bonus would a good source of information about web and other distribution compression schemes so I can educate myself a little.

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]