ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2015 Bug -- won't accept animation codec

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy FieldPremiere Pro CC 2015 Bug -- won't accept animation codec
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 5:55:24 pm

I've searched boards and everyone had a different solution but most couldn't fix it.

Export an animation codec movie from After Effects with alpha channel -- import (or try to) into Premiere Pro CC 2015 (latest version as of Aug 2015) and you get a warning "clip contains no audio or video stream" and it doesn't allow you to play it.

Tried opening in Quicktime Player (the latest in Yosemite - and it says "converting video" If you save that file - the new "converted" video - and import it into Premiere pro - it suddenly works (and this is intermittent -- it worked originally - closed project reopened and didn't until i used the converted file.

Whats up with that?

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Paul MurphyRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Bug -- won't accept animation codec
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 6:11:02 pm

I wasn't able to recreate this problem in CC 2015 - my renders with the animation codec are importing without issue.

Can you tell us a bit more about the comp settings, dimensions, format, etc?

Can you open the files in Mpeg Streamclip?

Try exporting as Pro Res 4444 with alpha rather than Animation and see if this is a work around.

Also, opening Animation files in QT Player will convert them to Pro Res files (which don't support alpha).

Return to posts index

Andy FieldRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Bug -- won't accept animation codec
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 11:27:18 pm

Hi Paul -- the conversion worked and kept the alpha channel (in Quicktime Player) It was intermittent - worked at first and then later didn't recognize the Animation codec until i did that conversion) Tried trashing preferences.. I'm not near the computer now but can send you the computer and set up specs when I am.

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Kevin EslingerRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Bug -- won't accept animation codec
by on Dec 4, 2015 at 9:11:16 pm

I had a similar issue with some animation codec movies with alpha channel suddenly going offline. I tried to relink and ended up with the "clip contains no audio or video stream" message.

Ran a search and found someone mentioning if you change the .mov to .mp4 it would work and sure enough... was able to relink to the clips. Seems like a bug that popped up during the recent 2015 update.

I've always used animation codec exports from AE for graphics without a problem until this.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey KreindelRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Bug -- won't accept animation codec
by on Jan 26, 2016 at 4:43:59 am

I'm having this problem now as well. My workaround seems to be starting up after effects then restarting Premiere Pro 2015 with AE running

Return to posts index

Pierre TessierRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Bug -- won't accept animation codec
by on May 2, 2016 at 4:13:56 pm

How do you export a MP4 file with an Animation codec? AE doesn't let me do that.

Return to posts index

Jared IshamRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 Bug -- won't accept animation codec
by on Jun 11, 2016 at 6:48:31 am

I tried this and it works. It is strange but it does work.

I don't think you can export any .mp4 with an Alpha. What I did was I went to my original .MOV Animation with Alpha file. I changed the .mov in the file extention to .mp4 and premiere read it fine.

All .mov does is act as a wrapper for the codec. I didn't think that .mp4 would be able to act as a wrapper for an Animation with Alpha codec, but maybe the renaming it is a workaround.

Jared Isham
Stage Ham
http://www.stgham.com
http://www.jaredisham.com
film. video. web media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]