ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Interpret Footage and Drop frame problem in Master Sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mariano CopelloInterpret Footage and Drop frame problem in Master Sequence
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 3:58:19 pm

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I'm into a deep mess with a full length documentary. Foolish of me for trusting the production crew and not noticing a huge mistake they made, therefore a huge and nub fatal error that i made.

Basically I'm working BMCC footage shot at 23.976 fps, and that is my master timeline. I though all the footage was setup that way.

I had each scene edited separately and individual from each other.

The thing is that there are some interviews that where shot at 25fps, that when i edited them individually i didn't see a problem on that (nor i noticed that it was shot at 25fps, silliest mistake ever)

So now that I started working on my master timeline (23.976fps) I notice that the footage that was shot and edited at 25fps, once it's in the master timeline it drop frames.

If i do interpret footage to 23.976 it goes smooth (once i synch them of course). But the thing is, that everything that was edited and now is in the master time line, if I do the interpret footage everything goes to hell! All the footage that was edited is now in a separate place where I put it at first (in it's own time and space)

I did a few clips and it was fine at first, but after noticing that I have a 2 hours sequence, where sometimes there are interviews with 2 cameras I find it more than time consuming to go clip by clip and putting them back to their original cut!

So here comes my question. Is there a mathematical equation that I can do to know how many frames i need to move to be at the exact same point where i edited those clips before?

Or if there is any other solution not to see the frame drops it would be of extreme help!

Thanks a lot for the time and consideration.

P.d Sorry about my English, since it's not my native language.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]