ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

How do I turn off Moving clip hotkeys in Premiere Pro CC?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yuri VdovichenkoHow do I turn off Moving clip hotkeys in Premiere Pro CC?
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 1:46:27 pm

I've been using Premiere pro CS6 for a long time until I decided to reinstall my system, and upon reinstalling I decided to upgrade to CC. So far it's been a great experience, except for one thing: Adobe binded motion controls to arrow keys, so that, for example, if I press the square in the motion effect control to be able to drag the clip in the program monitor to change its position(sorry for the weird explanation, never really had any Premiere lessons, just learned everything by myself, so don't know how some things are called), I can't use arrow keys to go to the next/previous frame, they change the position of the clip in the program monitor instead. Which for me is really annoying, since clicking on the "next frame" button every time is a real pain. I had a search around the keyboard shortcuts, but couldn't find the setting responsible for this. So I ask you to help me find the setting and change it to something else or turn if off completely, since I don't really need it. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Paul MurphyRe: How do I turn off Moving clip hotkeys in Premiere Pro CC?
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 5:10:16 pm

I tested this in CC, and after clicking the motion control box, the arrow keys still move to the previous or next frame. The only time the arrow keys move the actual position of the image is when I have the program monitor selected.

Regardless, if you select the timeline panel, the arrow keys should allow you to move between frames while still adjusting the position of the clip in the program monitor.

Return to posts index

Yuri VdovichenkoRe: How do I turn off Moving clip hotkeys in Premiere Pro CC?
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 5:13:18 pm

Yeah, but the problem is I am sometimes adjusting the position of the clip by actually dragging it, so clicking on the timeline is not really a good option for me, sadly.

Return to posts index

Paul MurphyRe: How do I turn off Moving clip hotkeys in Premiere Pro CC?
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 5:18:59 pm

After dragging the clip in the Program Monitor, press Shift+3 - that will move focus back to the timeline.

Return to posts index

Yuri VdovichenkoRe: How do I turn off Moving clip hotkeys in Premiere Pro CC?
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 10:47:00 pm

Okay thank you, that seems like a decent workaround. But still, is there really no way to rebind the position adjusting hotkeys? Because that would help a ton in my case

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]