ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

command to begin playback from set place

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Holman Wallacecommand to begin playback from set place
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 9:34:15 am

Hi there,

I was wondering if there is a way that you can set playback from a specific place on the timeline.

Sometimes when I'm editing a section of clips, I want to be able to play around with the clips using the cursor, but then begin playback on that specific section of clips without having to scroll and drag my cursor all the way back to the start of the section every time. So, for example, I'm editing a ten-second part of my timeline and trying out loads of different formations for the clips within that, but when I hit playback, I know that wherever my mouse is located, it's still going to play back from the start of that ten second section.

This would greatly improve speed of editing specific sections of the timeline that require a lot of tinkering and trying out.

Thanks

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: command to begin playback from set place
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 3:27:43 pm

The quickest method I can think of is:
1. Turn on work area bar and confine it the area you want to playback . (you can turn on work area bar from the hamburger menu in the current sequence's tab in the timeline)
2. Press enter.

The drawback to that method is that enter is actually the shortcut for 'render effects in work ares' so if you have applied or altered effects between playback it will need to render them first which means you lose the one of the main benefits of GPU acceleration.

Return to posts index

Paul MurphyRe: command to begin playback from set place
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 4:59:19 pm

Set your in/out point to the region you want to play.

Go to your keyboard shortcuts and add a key for 'Play Video In and Out'.

Otherwise, if you'd rather just click a button, click the '+' at the bottom left of your timeline monitor, and drag the 'Play Video In and Out' button next to your other buttons (it looks like a play button with brackets around it).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]