ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Video is black and white on PP CC, H264 MPEG-4.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caio FaustinoVideo is black and white on PP CC, H264 MPEG-4.
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 4:34:56 am

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if this is out of place.

Well the background here is that I'm a YouTuber and I make gameplay and tutorial videos, and I care a lot about quality. So after buying a new GPU recently I saw some new recording options on OBS, called NVENC.

After doing some tests I'm not really sure how to configure it, but the bitrate I set doesnt seem to matter on the quality of the video, only the presets I use. So I set it on Lossless preset, that from other readings indicate that may use "High 444" mode, I dont know what that is but they said that a lot of editing software cannot handle that.

Well after doing my recordings I loaded the videos in VLC and it worked fine, but when I import them on Premier Pro CC they appear as black and white video.

The file is in mp4 and in VLC I got the following info. Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part10) (avc1)

I imagine that my files are in a format premier pro does not support and I might need to convert them in some way. So if anyone knows a good way to do that, or if there is something I can do in PP to make it accept that format I would be very thankfull. I have Handbreak installed so it might be handy.

Sorry for the long post but I don't know much about these technical aspects of file formats.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Caio FaustinoRe: Video is black and white on PP CC, H264 MPEG-4.
by on Aug 15, 2015 at 12:51:33 am

Here is some more info on the file and codecs.
http://prntscr.com/84rmk9

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]