ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Removing Music From Audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Billy NguyenRemoving Music From Audio
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 12:43:22 am

Hello!

So I have a video with some audio in it. Unfortunately, there's some music playing in the background that I want to get rid of. Thankfully, I have the original music as an MP3, so is it possible for me to "cancel" out the music in the video using the MP3 I have?

To do something similar in Sony Vegas, I would set each track as different channels, change each track from stereo to mono left or mono right, and invert one of the tracks.

I know I could also send the audio to Adobe Audition and use "Center Channel Extractor," but I want to preserve as much of the audio as possible.

Thanks!

HP HPE-1020
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
EVGA GT640
8GB Ram
1TB Hard Drive

Return to posts index

Christopher KhouriRe: Removing Music From Audio
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 1:00:29 am
Last Edited By Christopher Khouri on Aug 13, 2015 at 1:02:19 am

In the timeline there is video and audio tracks. If you have not added more tracks then there is 4 tracks of audio and video. To delete the music in the film press the lock icon on the video track there you have your film. Then click at the audio you want to delete in the film and delete it. That will make you only delete the audio not the film. Now you can add your other music.

Return to posts index

Billy NguyenRe: Removing Music From Audio
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 1:45:35 am

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear with my description.

So like the video has already been created. The video isn't a project that I'm working ion. There's only two tracks: 1 for video and 1 for the audio of the video. For example, there's an action sequence of a movie and there's background music that's added in post. If I have the MP3 of the action music, is there a way to remove the music from the actual video?

This is really awkward and clunky to explain so I do apologize.

HP HPE-1020
EVGA GT640
8GB Ram
1TB Hard Drive

Return to posts index

Paul MurphyRe: Removing Music From Audio
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 5:22:51 pm

You may want to looking into using Audition for this - there are a few tools in there for making noise prints and then removing the noise from your audio.

Return to posts index

Post removed by author on Aug 13, 2015 at 11:01:29 pm.

Billy NguyenRe: Removing Music From Audio
by on Aug 14, 2015 at 12:08:42 am

I started messing around with "Capture Noise Print." Unfortunately, even when I tweaked the settings and the sliders, the effects were too strong and it actually muted my whole video. There were some bits and pieces where it worked, but un-usable I'm afraid.

Thank you though!

HP HPE 700-327C
MSI GTX980TI
16GB Ram
Samsung EVO 850 256GB SSD
1TB Hard Drive

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]