ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

search function stops after two or three letters

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Hornbachersearch function stops after two or three letters
by on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:22:08 pm

When typing in the bin search box, Premiere will sometimes stop the search and show results after just two or three letters while I'm still trying to type. I then have to reselect the box and start typing again to finish what I'm looking for. Not always, but often enough.

Seems like a bug. Anyone else having this issue?

-------------------------------
Premiere Pro 9.0.1
OSX 10.9.5
Mac Pro mid 2010
32GB RAM
Blackmagic Extreme 3D video card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB

Jon Hornbacher
EditSquid

Return to posts index

Mike McGillivrayRe: search function stops after two or three letters
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 4:23:57 pm

I know this is an older post but I am now having the same issue with the search in Premiere Pro CC2015. Did you ever find a solution? Or does anyone have this same problem and have you found a solution. I don't know if it is a preferences setting or what is happening but it's not acting like it used to. I type a few letters then it deselects the search box and shows the results of whatever matches the first few letters that it allowed me to type. I would like to type the full word that I am searching for so I can find the exact clip I need. Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Jon HornbacherRe: search function stops after two or three letters
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 5:26:52 pm

No solution was offered. It's a problem that seems to come and go. I can now search just fine but don't know why...

Jon Hornbacher
EditSquid

Return to posts index

Mike McGillivrayRe: search function stops after two or three letters
by on Aug 9, 2016 at 9:05:21 pm

Thanks Jon for the quick response. I was glad to find your question so I know it's a thing and not something I'm doing wrong.
It's happened to me all day but I've never had it happen before. I'll post back if I find a solution. For now I'm just dealing with having to click back in the search box.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]