ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

""CUDA is not working"" (windows 10, GT730)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saif Russel""CUDA is not working"" (windows 10, GT730)
by on Aug 12, 2015 at 4:25:15 am
Last Edited By Saif Russel on Aug 13, 2015 at 11:36:35 pm

I am using Asus Nvidia GT 730 silent 2gb card from last 2 month. First I didn't notice that if cuda is working or not, because all my editing project is really really small, but now I am working more then an hour long project with lots of effect I can see there was no difference between "mercury playback engine software only" and "mercury playback engine gpu acceleration" but may be CPU is little bit faster.

But I can remember It was more faster in Windows 10 Preview version. but mainly after upgrading to full version cuda is not working anymore.

Then I check CPU Z, there was no check box selected on Cuda, So I update my windows 10 nvidia Driver, no result, I downgrade, same thing :( SO I install Cuda toolkit form Nvida, after that my Cuda is marked but the render time has no difference :(

I install windows 7 on my pc to another drive, but no luck :(

Even I add "nvcuvenc.dll" (got it from a fourm) for 32 & 64 bit, also registered by cmd... No luck :(

It make me crazy and I can not render my files, It will took more then 10 hours :( but I believe Cuda is actually not working...

Last I tried with modded driver with CUDA in windows 7, but same thing.........

My system

Intel Core i3 2120 3.3 ghz
gigabyte B75D3H
4+4 Gb DDR3 Ram
Asus Nvidia GT 730 (Silent 2GB)
128 Gb SSD
1 Tb HDD
Windows 10 + Windows 7
Adobe CC 2014.1

P.S MY graphics card is not adobe listed, so I edit "Cuda Supported Cards" in Media Encoder folder to add my card, I checked several time that spelling is okay and from first day I can see GPU rendering is auto enabled in adobe application...

from last 2 days I am not sleeping :( I don't understand what to do. Please response if you can help. Thank you.

Return to posts index

James KumorekRe: ""CUDA is not working"" ---- Emergency Support Needed !!
by on Aug 12, 2015 at 9:48:39 am

Open up a CMD window and run the GPUSniffer.exe program in the Adobe Premiere 2015 folder (in Program Files\Adobe). What does it tell you about whether your card is supported or not?

If it isn't, there's a .txt file that specifies the GPU cards supported by Premiere. I forget the name -- perhaps someone else can provide that. At least in CS6, deleting that file will cause any GPU to be used.

Return to posts index

Saif RusselRe: ""CUDA is not working"" ---- Emergency Support Needed !!
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 1:27:35 am

I am using CC 2014.1, I know there was a file in CS6, but from cc2014 it was no more.. Adobe remove it because this one is not a secret anymore, i read a blog about this, by the way there was one in Adobe Media Encoder, I add my card in there. No luck :(

Even I add "nvcuvenc.dll" for 32 & 64 bit, also registered by cmd... No luck :(

I can see my GPU is detected by All application but it's actually not working :'( I am gonna lost some of my client for this purpose :'( I already late for delivering there projects :(

I don't know, don't understand what i will do now..... what is really gonna happen...

Saif Russel

| Film Maker | Graphic Designer | Cartoonist | Coder | Dreamer |

Return to posts index

Saif RusselRe: ""CUDA is not working"" ---- Emergency Support Needed !!
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 9:40:13 pm

I am dying... My clients are taking back their projects and my reputation is now bad.... I am really dying....

Pleas guys I need help....

Saif Russel

| Film Maker | Graphic Designer | Cartoonist | Coder | Dreamer |

Return to posts index

Jon FrostRe: ""CUDA is not working"" (windows 10, GT730)
by on Oct 24, 2015 at 3:26:46 am

Upgrade your RAM to the maximum your machine can handle. The faster memory sticks are better and they should all be the same speed and capacity.

Are you able to check Project Settings/General/Mercury Playback Engine and click on the top option instead of Software only option.

Can you add more GPU memory to your card??? Install the maximum you can. Also check the INVIDIA site for the latest drivers for your particular GPU card.

Best,

Jon Frost
Easthampton MA

Return to posts index

Luis DiazRe: ""CUDA is not working"" (windows 10, GT730)
by on Jan 1, 2016 at 3:53:19 am

Same was happening to me after I upgraded to Windows 10.

What I did was, upgraded the NVIDIA graphics driver for my card (Quadro K4200) to latest version. Then restarted my PC, opened my latest Premiere Pro project and CUDA was now AVAILABLE.

Hope this helps you and others.

Happy New Year all.

L

Return to posts index

Ken MitchellRe: ""CUDA is not working"" (windows 10, GT730)
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 2:49:42 am

go to this website and download the cuda.zip. This file will automatically update the listed cards for adobe premiere to include yours. go to the middle of the page
http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5-2.htm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]