ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Apple ProRes 4:2:2 files from Premiere Pro on a Windows, problem fix.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony EspositoApple ProRes 4:2:2 files from Premiere Pro on a Windows, problem fix.
by on Aug 11, 2015 at 6:34:05 pm

I had a big company locally that needed my files delivered in the ProRes 4:2:2 format and I'm in PP on Windows. My first pick was the software from Cinemartin, Plin 1.2 Pro since I could have it built right into my software and export from there. Do not use them! They have horrible attitudes and crappy customer support. Mine would not install. "Angelo" blamed it on my OS and said I needed to re-install my OS then the software. I said no way then asked for a refund which you can see in the reply from him below he was not going to give. To bad for him Visa loves me as a customer and got my full refund back. In the meantime, I found a free software that did the trick just fine. It's called, "ClipToolz V2". It's stand alone but I would export in PP as MOV then convert to ProRes in this software and they passed through the company no problem. They have a donation button so I sent them $50 with a big thank you.
Here's the last reply from Cinemartin so you know what you are dealing with there:

Something like this, but you think you have the answer and you have the reason, go away, you'll get no refund as we provided to you the software
I wil waste no one second more with you, so go with paypal refund request, that we will denied, or gove us a valid computerid
Stop complaining or I will mark your emails as spam
Angelo Caravita
Cinemartin - Sales manager
Phone +34 93.667.22.55
sales@cinemartin.com
http://www.cinemartin.com

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Apple ProRes 4:2:2 files from Premiere Pro on a Windows, problem fix.
by on Aug 11, 2015 at 7:31:35 pm

You did the right thing by posting about Cinemartin and quoting their sales manager. He clearly has no idea what customer service and support are all about, and there's just no excuse for his threat to send you to spam simply because you're complaining about software that does not deliver results as marketed.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Tony EspositoRe: Apple ProRes 4:2:2 files from Premiere Pro on a Windows, problem fix.
by on Aug 11, 2015 at 7:36:20 pm

Thanks for seeing it that way. I wanted to keep other people from having the same issue since it was $168.00 and instead of going through Pay Pal I went right to Visa. They obviously have so much business they do not have time for us. Hopefully between having to give a refund and loosing business for issues like this, they'll go away or clean up their act.

Return to posts index

Balster van DuijnRe: Apple ProRes 4:2:2 files from Premiere Pro on a Windows, problem fix.
by on Sep 24, 2015 at 5:17:06 pm

Our company just ran in to a similar experience where we had to buy the full suite for some H265 testing that was not possible in the demo, turns out there software is far from ideal. We are unable to implement the software in our studio workflow due to unreliable performance and sub par output. We have a large inventory of professional software and plugins but we have never come across software like this at this price point.

- The software crashes on DPX sequences
- Network performance is very slow on a 10GB pipeline
- Process completion feedback is unreliable, software says complete but ourput files are yuv and unfinished
- Encoding settings are nearly impossible to tweak
- interface design is inconsistent and simple buttons do not function

If it would have been possible to test H265 workflow in the demo this would have been a lot easier.

We have asked for a refund and revoke of our licence. Also put in a Paypal request...

Then we received this reply from their customer service:

"As I told youIm sorry we cannot provide to you support until paypal or you close the case.

You didnt read the email, you didnt ask us about how to, you didnt even provide your computer specs. You are not correct.

I will no reply until paypal resolves. I see you used the siftware even after complaining to paypal thatas not correct.

I will give you no mlre replies until paypal resolves, and If I receive more emails from you like this, I will mark your emails as spam.

Tu lo que tienes es mucha cara, eres un jeta"

My advice would be to stay away from Cinemartin, try Squeeze instead.

Balster

Return to posts index

Tony EspositoRe: Apple ProRes 4:2:2 files from Premiere Pro on a Windows, problem fix.
by on Sep 29, 2015 at 8:35:19 pm

Ya, these guys don't need to have anymore business that's for sure.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]