ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC 2015 crash on export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Hall-PattonPremiere Pro CC 2015 crash on export
by on Aug 11, 2015 at 11:17:07 am

I have been trying variations of fixing this error, but to no avail. I just recently switched to CC 2015 (from CS6), along with Windows 10 (from Win7). When I went to export a new project, the PC freezes, with no BSOD or anything. I changed graphics cards, and that seemed to make it only freeze the program, rather than the entire PC. But on the third try, the different card froze the system as well. I was able to take the files over to my laptop, which completed the export with ease, so I am very confused now. Here are my system specs:

Desktop:
Windows 10 Pro
Premiere Pro CC 2015
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: AMD R9 270x (or) nvidia GTX 670
RAM: 16gb 1866
Motherboard: Asus m5a97 r2.0
HDD: 2tb main + 4tb data (both 7200rpm)

Laptop:
Windows 10 Pro
Premiere Pro CC 2015
CPU: Intel i5-430m
GPU: ati 5750m
RAM: 4gb 1333
Motherboard: MSI gx640
HDD: 500gb 5400rpm

I've tried wiping caches, reinstalling Premiere Pro, resetting defaults, updating drivers, playing with the encoding settings, using separate drives, and checking for Windows corruption. Despite all of that, it still freezes, and without a BSOD, I can't even see the error in the system log. I'm able to render on my 2009 laptop, but that decrepit thing is too troublesome. Please help.

Return to posts index

Rob BakerRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 crash on export
by on Aug 20, 2015 at 7:30:22 pm

Same here. As soon as I click "Export" I get the error message. I've updated my Nvidia drivers and uninstalled all of Creative Cloud.

Return to posts index

Gareth CroftRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 crash on export
by on Nov 21, 2015 at 12:30:49 am

Hi, did you manage to fix this issue? I'm getting the same with an identical spec PC :(

Return to posts index

Joseph Hall-PattonRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 crash on export
by on Nov 21, 2015 at 11:17:02 pm

So far as I can tell, it is a problem with the motherboard drivers. The m5a97-r2 has not had a chipset update since window 8 (not 8.1). I contacted the support team about when the drivers would be updated, and they said it would be "soon," of course that was back in late-August. There must be some sort of PCI bridge error between the GPU and CPU. That's the only way I can explain it. I just loaded a secondary hard drive with Windows 7 and switch to that OS for all of my video editing.

Return to posts index

Matt AndersonRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 crash on export
by on Nov 23, 2015 at 3:54:14 pm

It seems silly but have you tried making the destination a local drive and then used Que to Media Encoder?

Return to posts index

Joseph Hall-PattonRe: Premiere Pro CC 2015 crash on export
by on Nov 23, 2015 at 6:28:10 pm

Certainly. I've got 3 different drives, and I've tried exporting to all of them in several different ways. All fail in the same way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]