ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Opening most recent sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave FlemingOpening most recent sequence
by on Aug 10, 2015 at 1:47:22 pm

Hi All,

One of the more annoying things that started occurring when I transitioned from CS6 to CC (and beyond) was that Premiere picks a random sequence to load when booting into a project instead of opening up the one I most recently worked on. When you have a project with many sequences, this can be a real pain.

It seems like this should be a simple setting adjustment, but I sure can't find it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

Return to posts index

James StrawnRe: Opening most recent sequence
by on Aug 10, 2015 at 10:24:19 pm

Are you sure it's only opening some random sequence (and only that sequence) or is that you're just not seeing the sequence you're expecting to see on top of other open sequences? I'm not saying it's not a problem either way, just trying to discern exactly what the problem is you're experiencing.

Return to posts index

Dave FlemingRe: Opening most recent sequence
by on Aug 10, 2015 at 10:38:08 pm

I'm not entirely certain I'm understanding your question, but let me be clear about what is happening:

If I have a project with 10 sequences, for example (which is not uncommon as I cut TV spots), the post-CS6 versions of Premiere will open my timeline with any one of those 10 sequences. Completely random, not based on any criteria I can discern.

So, instead of opening the most recently worked on sequence, I'll have to navigate to my project window, drill into my sequences folder and choose the one I need just to get started. Yeah, it's only an extra 10-15 seconds, but it's a hassle.

After Effects never exhibits this behavior. It always opens the last comp I worked on. Premiere should be able to do the same.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Opening most recent sequence
by on Aug 11, 2015 at 1:51:13 pm

I have never had that problem, either in CC 2014 or CC 2015. Whatever sequence is highlighted out of 4 or 5 when I close Premiere Pro, that's the sequence that's open when I go back to the project. It's even at the same spot in the timeline. And I don't have a professional work station by any means.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 11, 2015 at 1:56:11 pm

Thanks for your reply. Then like I said, there must be a setting somewhere that I'm missing. I'll explore further.

Dave

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Opening most recent sequence
by on Aug 11, 2015 at 6:04:30 pm

Well, not to discourage you, but I didn't have to change any default settings to get it working properly.

Return to posts index

Ron PiedrahitaRe: Opening most recent sequence
by on Oct 20, 2015 at 1:52:33 pm

I've had the same challenge. Like you say, it's not life-threatening but does start the day with a low point.

Any new discoveries?

Ron

Ron Piedrahita

Return to posts index

by on Oct 20, 2015 at 2:43:03 pm

Sadly, no. Just the handful of responses I got from folks who said that the problem didn't apply to them.

Kind of hacks me off because our company has an enterprise agreement with Adobe, which means they should basically be bending over backwards to at least address these issues.

Do you also find that this behavior never happens in AE? Just Premiere?

Dave

Return to posts index

Ron PiedrahitaRe: Opening most recent sequence
by on Oct 20, 2015 at 5:21:45 pm

Yea, just happens w/ Premiere. I've got a few other challenges so I'm in the throes of doing a complete uninstall/reinstall. I'll post any updates.

Ron

Return to posts index

by on Oct 21, 2015 at 3:35:55 pm

And just like that...it stopped! I literally upgraded to the CC 2015 version 2 days ago.

This problem existed in both CC and CC 2014 versions. And now, with CC 2015, it's gone.

The very definition of a quirky problem...

Dave

Return to posts index

Eli CooganRe: Opening most recent sequence
by on Oct 21, 2015 at 6:08:46 pm

Strange stuff. I've noticed similar quirks before, but usually only when switching user workspace settings-- it would then randomly change the opened sequences.

Glad it's fixed for you though, I haven't had it happen much lately either.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]