ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

CS6 on PC - how to export to ProRes 4444?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam CowardCS6 on PC - how to export to ProRes 4444?
by on Aug 10, 2015 at 4:22:50 am

Hello everyone,

I have Premiere Pro CS6 on Windows 7 PC. I have to export a video as ProRes 4444... which doesn't come on PC. :-(

There seems to be heaps on offer (free and commercial... with ridiculous prices for home users).

I'm wondering what is the best thing I can do. What do you recommend (and why)?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: CS6 on PC - how to export to ProRes 4444?
by on Aug 10, 2015 at 3:13:05 pm

ProRes is owned and licensed by a small company known as Apple, and Apple competes head to head against Microsoft, so you decode ProRes (play it, encode from it), but you can't encode ProRes (write to the codec) in Windows, at least not without purchasing an expensive app that includes and expensive license for ProRes.

Your alternative is to install the free Avid DNX codecs, which you can download from the Avid website. The DNXHD codecs are essentially identical to the ProRes codecs, only they work cross-platform, since Avid works on both Macs and Windows machines. Google Avid DNX and you'll find a chart that will help you to select the proper version of DNX with an alpha channel.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Douglas BowkerRe: CS6 on PC - how to export to ProRes 4444?
by on Aug 11, 2015 at 2:32:23 pm

I thought with Premiere CC 2014-15/Suite there was built in support to import/export to ProRes. No? I'm almost certain I exported a sequence out like this for a colleague not long ago.

Doug Bowker

Motion graphics, video and 3D Animation for the Medical and Technical World
http://www.dbowker3d.com

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: CS6 on PC - how to export to ProRes 4444?
by on Aug 11, 2015 at 2:56:49 pm

[Douglas Bowker] "I thought with Premiere CC 2014-15/Suite there was built in support to import/export to ProRes. No?"

On Mac yes, on Windows no.

Return to posts index

Tony EspositoRe: CS6 on PC - how to export to ProRes 4444?
by on Aug 11, 2015 at 6:36:25 pm

I just had this same problem and did a post on it above. Check out
"ClipToolz V2". Worked like a charm for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]