ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere Bugs Still Not Fixed!!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan QuigleyAdobe Premiere Bugs Still Not Fixed!!
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 7:24:01 pm
Last Edited By Dan Quigley on Aug 7, 2015 at 7:24:21 pm

Hey Guys,
I have the most up to date version of Premiere Pro. My encoded videos are showing glitches and artifacts with and without lumitri and I don't know whats going on. I've tried rendering directly from Premiere Pro and am still having these issues. With big deadlines coming up next week this is a big problem for me.

Take a look at this video as an example and please share any words of advice you may have:

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Adobe Premiere Bugs Still Not Fixed!!
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 7:32:32 pm

I just graded 40 minutes of three programs two weeks ago with Lumetri. No issues. Another editor here is working on a Science series using Lumetri for the past three weeks. No issues.

We're on 3 year old 27" iMacs with the AJA IoXT boxes.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Dan QuigleyRe: Adobe Premiere Bugs Still Not Fixed!!
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 7:47:08 pm

Are you stacking Lumitri Effects?

Also, I've discovered the issue is doesn't seem to be affected by using lumitri or not.

Return to posts index

walter biscardiRe: Adobe Premiere Bugs Still Not Fixed!!
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 8:41:22 pm

Nope, no stacking although I do use other filters with the Lumetri as needed.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Craft and Career Advice & Training from real Working Creative Professionals

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Adobe Premiere Bugs Still Not Fixed!!
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 9:59:32 pm

Dan,

It's pretty hard to offer much guidance without knowing much more about the precise codec you're editing, your sequences settings, and your methodology for encoding.

I did see some horizontal artifacts during playback, but I can't really be sure how those came about without knowing the details above. Are those your primary concerns, or are there other artifacts? It's very tough to notice the problems in a relatively long completed project of this length without having detailed notes and timecodes.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 8, 2015 at 12:28:02 am

I'm out of the office right now but I can tell you I've experienced this on multiple codecs and sequence settings. Also these artifacts have not been showing until this most recent update of CC. One occasion was with aja footage that went into the standard CC preset for MPEG-DVD. This occasion (example from OP) is using footage from a t2i and a 7d. Sequence settings are auto generated by dragging footage to new sequence button. On this project I have rendered out in the default MPEG-DVD codec and the H.264-medium bitrate codec. I've rendered in media encoder and directly in premiere. The results are always the same although the artifacts are unique to each render I believe.

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: Adobe Premiere Bugs Still Not Fixed!!
by on Aug 8, 2015 at 12:42:12 am

Dan,

saw this tip in another post....

If sending to AME from Premiere, go to AME preferences and under Premiere Pro, uncheck import sequences natively. Try your export again and see if you are seeing the same issues with your footage.

Don't trust that by dropping your footage onto the new item icon it's going to get the codecs correct. I've seen to many issues where it guesses wrong. Make a custom preset to match your codec and then put your footage into the sequence and see if you have the same issues on export.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

by on Aug 10, 2015 at 12:49:09 pm

Hey Andy,
It looks like I already have that option checked. Not to mention I'm not sure that would explain why I get artifacts even when I don't send to AME.

I also don't understand how sequence settings could make a difference when I've been using this same system and cameras everyday for a year. The only thing that has changed is that I've updated Adobe.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Adobe Premiere Bugs Still Not Fixed!!
by on Aug 10, 2015 at 1:20:35 pm

Hi Dan, Andy suggests that you *uncheck* that option and try your renders again.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 10, 2015 at 1:54:03 pm

As David said above, we need a lot more details to help you trouble shoot.

System specs, OS version, hardware installed, driver versions, sequence settings (upper field or progressive), sequence codec chosen, sequence render settings codec, footage codec used etc. What hard drives? Is footage on a SAN or NAS? Are you using previews when making your final export or not. This will give us a better picture of what you are pushing through the system and how you are getting your final results. Any other plugins in use? Red Giant, Video CoPilot?

I finally see the artifacts as I previously didn't watch the entire 23 minute video. It looks like a fielding issue as it flickers on and off during different shots. I did see a brightness change in your graphic for Scott Harrison (3:48) that popped during the shot. Not sure if you made those in After Effects and imported final export into Premiere. That could be the gamma issue I was referring to. You want to uncheck the native box not have it checked in AME.

How are you monitoring your footage? Just on a computer monitor or actually taking the HDSI signal out of the AJA device to a broadcast monitor. I've seen issues in the past where monitoring on a computer monitor will mask the interlacing artifacts till final output. You need to see it on a broadcast monitor vs. a computer monitor. Have you looked at the raw footage before color grading or adding filters to see that the artifacts are not there? Or are the artifacts only appearing after you encode to MPEG2 or H.264? Have you tried exporting to a robust codec like ProRes and then tried taking that flattened file into AME to do your encoding?

Do you have a new version of Compressor on your system and updated the Apple codec pack to 2.0.1? Did you transcode your footage to another codec or just use the codec straight out of the camera? What codecs do you have listed in your QuickTime Library?

Have you edited the same project in CC2014 and done exports that don't have these issues? Or did you start this project in CC2015 and now see the artifacts?

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Paul MurphyRe: Adobe Premiere Bugs Still Not Fixed!!
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 8:30:29 pm

Thanks Dan, although unchecking 'Import Sequences Natively' just alters the way Premiere "talks" with AME.

Premiere sequences don't actually have codecs associated with them (they're codec agnostic). The only time codecs come into play is when you set a preview format (for rendered previews only) or on export.

Cheers,
Paul

Return to posts index

by on Aug 10, 2015 at 2:58:36 pm

Just got off the phone with Adobe. So being that I'm running Mac 10.9.5, there are issues with the OpenCl. When I turned my hardware acceleration to software only the render came out fine. Apparently when I update Mac to 10.10 I should be able to turn it back on and have no issues. Thanks for all the help everyone. Glad I got this figured out.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 10, 2015 at 3:46:34 pm

Yup, that would have been one of the areas I pointed to if I knew it was 10.9.5 up front. This is one of the reasons why so many people ask for all the systems details so we can help you faster. There are certain bugs on one OS vs. the other and the same for different types of hardware. Hopefully you can export now with software only to get this project done in time. It will be slower with software only and not take advantage of your graphics card hardware. Which graphics card do you have installed and what type of machine specs.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]