ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

P2 footage - MXF's not including audio?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex KuzelickiP2 footage - MXF's not including audio?
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 5:24:27 am

Hi,

I put this post in the Panasonic HVX-HPX forum but I think it applies here too, as it's PPro that isn't behaving as it usually does with P2 footage - MXF's.

I've been shooting and editing the footage from my HVX 202AEN camera for years now and, just today, I'm experiencing a problem I've never had before. Wondering if anyone might have a possible solution?

Usually, I just drag the entire reel (from the P2 card) into Premiere Pro and it will instantly link up sound and video so I can edit straight away. Today, for no apparent reason, I tried to do that and none of the audio was linked. It's all there, as .MXF's, in the CONTENTS > AUDIO folder but when I drag a video to the timeline, the audio doesn't come along - as it always has, up until this point.

I tried some alternatives to see if I could identify the problem: I tried to transcode the .MXF's in Media Encoder. Same result - all videos transcoded without audio.

Then I tried Prelude to do the same thing. Same again, no audio.

I tried Edit Ready... no audio.

Lastly, I tried my old trusty Final Cut Pro 7 (which is still barely hanging on to life, haha) and... that transcoded all the clips beautifully with video and audio matched up!

So, if FCP7 can do it, why can't any of the other options... which have always worked till today? Has got me really stumped, and worried, as I only have FCP7 on my home desktop so it's not very practical if I'm editing anywhere else.

Does anyone have some ideas, or solutions, as to what's going on and how to fix it. I have no clue why this has suddenly happened.

Thanks in advance,

ALEX

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: P2 footage - MXF's not including audio?
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 6:28:59 am

Use the media browser panel to import.

Return to posts index

Alex KuzelickiRe: P2 footage - MXF's not including audio?
by on Aug 7, 2015 at 8:42:08 am

Hey Tero,

Thanks for the reply. Did actually try that but that's not working either. Has me totally stumped!

Appreciate your help though.

Cheers,

ALEX

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: P2 footage - MXF's not including audio?
by on Aug 8, 2015 at 7:35:53 pm

Have you tried looking at the card/clips through Prelude? I'd be interested to see if audio is properly associated there.

Return to posts index

Alex KuzelickiRe: P2 footage - MXF's not including audio?
by on Aug 9, 2015 at 1:14:30 pm

Hey Paul,

Yes, did that test too. Tried both ingesting the clips natively and also transcoding them to another format (ProRes). Still no audio.

Can't imagine why FCP7 can read the audio but nothing else, so far, can?

Thanks for your suggestion though. Appreciated.

ALEX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]