ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Importing AAF from Avid referencing ProRes HQ MXF files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aynsley BaldwinImporting AAF from Avid referencing ProRes HQ MXF files
by on Aug 6, 2015 at 10:57:40 pm

Hi folks,

I have a sequence edited in DNxHD 36 in Avid that was transcoded from Sony AVCHD, and here's the workflow I'm hoping to use to get it into Premiere:

-relink to AMA in Avid
-export AAF using either
a) the Consolidate Media option with "Mixdown Video/Effects to V1" enabled OR
b) Video Mixdown option with "Mixdown with Video Edits" selected.
In both cases I would like to also transcode to Apple ProRes HQ MXF

Now, after completing this stop, my instinct would be to just import the resulting AAF directly into Premiere, but Adobe seems to recommend using AAFs that "Link to (Don't Export) Media" only as opposed to Consolidate Media or do a Video Mixdown. As such, I would introduce the following additional step:

-export another AAF from the newly created "Exported.01" sequence using the "Link to Media" option (with said media being, of course, the mixed down ProRes files that I just created)
-import this AAF into Premiere

I've tried to do this and the last step, importing into Premiere, results in a sequence with online audio, and offline video. Any guesses as to what's going wrong here? Does Premiere support AAFs that reference media in ProRes HQ MXF format, or do they only work with DNxHD material? Or is the problem something else entirely?

Thanks!!
Aynsley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]