ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Render from Media Encoder does not match the look in Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke SwedenRender from Media Encoder does not match the look in Premiere Pro
by on Aug 4, 2015 at 9:03:37 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Aug 4, 2015 at 9:38:05 pm

I've been noticing lately that when I render in Media Encoder, the finished render looks different than what it looks like in Premiere Pro. It doesn't happen all the time but at least 3 out of every 8 renders is 3 too many.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm including a side by side. On the left is how the video looks in Windows Player and on the right is the source window in Premiere Pro. Remember, I'm just an amateur, I do this for my own enjoyment, so no critiques!!! ;-)

UPDATE: I just rendered using Premiere Pro rather than Media Encoder and it came out perfect. So either Media Encoder needs an update or else there's something in preferences I may have to tweak but I haven't touched any preferences so I have no idea why I should need to tweak it. Still would appreciate some feedback.

Also noticed someone responded with the solution while I was updating this post, so thanks for that!

Return to posts index

Marc NiborRe: Render from Media Encoder does not match the look in Premiere Pro
by on Aug 4, 2015 at 9:13:59 pm

Hi Duke,

are you using Lumetri color correction?
In case you do, take a look at this post. https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/967260

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Render from Media Encoder does not match the look in Premiere Pro
by on Aug 4, 2015 at 9:26:06 pm

Hi Marc, yes I am. I updated my previous post after you responded (look at the update). I'll check out the link you gave me now.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Render from Media Encoder does not match the look in Premiere Pro
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 2:28:28 am

That did not do the trick.

Return to posts index

James PattersonRe: Render from Media Encoder does not match the look in Premiere Pro
by on Aug 5, 2015 at 5:18:18 pm

In Media Encoder preferences there is a dialogue box under the heading 'Premiere Pro' called 'import sequences natively'. Uncheck this box then send your sequence to Media Encoder.

Best

Return to posts index

by on Aug 5, 2015 at 5:29:21 pm

James you magnificent bay-stid. That did the trick. Thanks!

Return to posts index

James PattersonRe: Render from Media Encoder does not match the look in Premiere Pro
by on Aug 6, 2015 at 10:16:40 am

No worries, I always make sure that's unchecked as you get quite a lot of problems with media encoder not updating the sequence, for example, if you change fonts on a title media encoder will still export with the old font.

Return to posts index

Philip NevesRe: Render from Media Encoder does not match the look in Premiere Pro
by on Aug 6, 2015 at 2:26:13 pm

I noticed it didn't update a transition and an After Effects comp the other day, too. That's probably the same thing. Thanks, James!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]