ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Morph Cut Has Weird (unexplainable) Color Shift

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Courtis MerryMorph Cut Has Weird (unexplainable) Color Shift
by on Aug 3, 2015 at 7:23:37 pm

And now for a question about everybody's favorite editing program! (please note the sarcasm in my typing)

So we've been working on transitioning from FC7 to Premiere Pro at our company (for updates on that, please contact our psychiatrist). We're using the Morph Cut tool to smooth a jump cut out in our footage, it's actually working great! One problem though (I've included a link for reference), during the transition, the color shifts. It's only during the 14 frames of the transition though, nowhere else. Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know how to solve it?

I noticed this one other time when using "Film Impact" transitions in CC 2014. I wrote it off assuming it was because I was using an old version of the pack that wasn't certified with 2014. Now I'm seeing the issue with Adobes own plugin!

Any thoughts/solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LINK: http://www.tiltmedia.com/CCOW/morph_cut_cow.mp4

(Glitch is at the 4 second mark.)

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Morph Cut Has Weird (unexplainable) Color Shift
by on Aug 3, 2015 at 7:46:48 pm

I have complained about the same thing. In my case the material was ProRes 422, cut on a MacPro. I hvae also had this same color shift problem with gradiant wipes ever since i switched from FCP7 to CC last year. With the wipes I eventually learned to use dynamic link and do the wipe in AE and the color shift went away. Since there is no Morph Cut effect in AE that option doesn't exist. I have submitted a bug report but have heard nothing back from Adobe.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Courtis MerryRe: Morph Cut Has Weird (unexplainable) Color Shift
by on Aug 3, 2015 at 8:03:13 pm

We went back to the original media (MXF's from a C300) instead of using the transcoded ProRes files and the problem went away.. That's going to be an annoying. Thank you for your input, sir!

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Morph Cut Has Weird (unexplainable) Color Shift
by on Aug 4, 2015 at 12:18:53 pm

Same here, using dslr footage, nothing fancy in the way of work station. I thought it was just me being the amateur that I am. Hey, the more evidence we can present the better.

Return to posts index

Jacob NasimRe: Morph Cut Has Weird (unexplainable) Color Shift
by on Aug 10, 2015 at 3:37:29 am

Yup, that problem.

Actually I'm noticing a bad color shift no matter what fx I use with Lumetri. Almost looks like a broadcast safe limiting like sometimes kicks in with BCC plugs on Avid.

But here, it's not just safe limiting, it's shifting, desaturating. Yuck.

One rec was to do morph cut on layer 1 and add an adjustment layer for lumetri and so on on layer 2...helped, but didn't really fix.

I'm using XAVC-I 100 shot Slog3Cine with a lut applied.

After years of Avid, I'm adopting Premiere, but Avid is still more solid (if always klunky) at many things!

Jacob

Return to posts index

Paulo LafetaRe: Morph Cut Has Weird (unexplainable) Color Shift
by on Jun 8, 2016 at 1:19:19 pm

Same here. I DonĀ“t think there is a easy way to correct this.
In my case the red color simple goes bananas and turn orange, Weird as Hell.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]