ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Sound driver issue after Windows 10 update

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MIke CrockerSound driver issue after Windows 10 update
by on Aug 1, 2015 at 5:01:00 pm

I'm really losing my patience here. I updated to Windows 10, and then I updated Premiere CC to match its speed. Since updating, my sound is just not having it. Before I go any further, just know sound is not my strong suit so I may end up asking you to dumb down some of your replies for me. Every time I start up Premiere since updating, I am met with this error message.
http://gyazo.com/4290fdf71ca275dd624fe751b7858740
I have noticed that I'm using the MME driver as opposed to the ASIO driver as I did before, but now I can't even switch it back to ASIO? Why would they do this? Now it just says my RealTek Digital Output isn't working!

Someone please help I have a lot of things to edit and am at a complete standstill :(

Windows 10 Home
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHZ
8 GB Ram
RealTek High Definition Output

Return to posts index

Michael ClarkRe: Sound driver issue after Windows 10 update
by on Aug 1, 2015 at 7:50:14 pm

Sorry I can't offer any solutions. I've been having the same issue for the past hour or so. At first I could open my audio devices, and under the Advanced properties, I could test the Speakers and hear sound. If I tried to play music in Spotify, for instance, I couldn't hear it either. Then I went back to the Advanced properties and changed the sample rate to 24bit 44100khz and that helped get sound to play in Spotify, but not Premiere. I checked the device driver, which is the latest version, and it seems to be fine. Like you, MME is my only option, and I get the same error message. Surely we're not the only ones having this issue!

Return to posts index

Michael ClarkRe: Sound driver issue after Windows 10 update
by on Aug 1, 2015 at 8:06:48 pm

I found a solution that worked for me. I had been using 6.0.1.7535 and needed to upgrade to 6.0.1.7541. I went to the link below and downloaded the 64-bit version 2nd from the top version 2.79 date 6/25/15. I had to restart my computer twice in order to install, but it's working great now. I just had to go back into Premiere -> Preferences -> Audio Hardware and change the default output to Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio). It still only offers the MME option for some reason. Ah well.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFi... Definition Audio Codecs

Return to posts index

MIke CrockerRe: Sound driver issue after Windows 10 update
by on Aug 2, 2015 at 1:32:15 am

This worked like a charm! Thanks so much for posting, friend! I tried to get Windows to search the web to update my sound card for me, but it said it was up to date.

For everyone else that ends up with this issue: Although the error messages were gone after, I had to screw around with it a little more to get it to work. For a minute the sound was coming from my TV (monitor) speakers, I don't know exactly what I did but I just messed with the audio hardware settings in Premiere as well as the windows sound menu and eventually found a combination that worked.

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Sound driver issue after Windows 10 update
by on Aug 3, 2015 at 6:39:38 pm

one thing I noticed on a windows 10 update, the sound was not working
after the upgrade and device manager showed it was ok.

1 reboot and the sound was back.

Return to posts index

Soumendra JenaRe: Sound driver issue after Windows 10 update
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 8:57:18 am

have rebooted it multiple times, no solution.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2015 at 8:58:10 am

What exactly did you do to fix the problem ?

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Sound driver issue after Windows 10 update
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 5:01:22 pm

ok, two points. First:
It's not Windows 10 that caused Premiere Pro to only give you MME, it's CC 2015 that removed ASIO from the dropdown list.

Second, I have posted before about false sync audio/video errors in Premiere Pro CC 2015 and have been met with nothing but "hey, if everything is ok why sweat the false error?". Well, now here comes a perfect reason why. Who's to say they're not related?

ok, I feel so much superior now. Oh, and for the third time, stay away from Windows 10!!!

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2015 at 5:16:21 pm

SO whom to complain ?

Windows 10 or Adobe Premiere Pro ?

IM badly stuck now!!!

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Sound driver issue after Windows 10 update
by on Aug 13, 2015 at 10:05:54 pm

Usually it's the software companies that have to keep up with the OS. Have you gone to Adobe's Premiere Pro forum? Maybe someone there came up with a solution, or there might be a post from an Adobe employee stating that they know of the problem and will fix it in an update.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 13, 2015 at 11:53:48 pm

I did, they asked to update to 9.0.1 which I have already done.
But no good.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]