Its been awhile since Ive done this kind of workflow.
Basically handed over proxy files over to editor which consists of sub-folders broken down to days of shoot, 12 to be in fact.
Total file count a little over 1100 converted from R3D files.
Now like I said its been awhile since Ive done this but the editor sends me back a Premiere project doc and I noticed he renamed the master folder but leaving the days intact.
Now in FCPX this is a no brainer to connect to missing media.
Just choose the master folder and no questions asked.
Why is it in Premiere that it only chooses to select the first file in each sub folder?
Im just curious cause really I can spend 10 min directing each top file to its sub folder however what was the point of the 20 min file opening stage then?
It was obviously searching the drive for the missing media.
And I guess gone are the days when you can just put the Premiere doc at the top root.
Re: Find my files!! by Eric Santiago on Jul 31, 2015 at 3:01:19 pm
I found a stupid way of fixing my current woes.
Opened the Premiere doc with missing media links.
Exported an FCPX XML and imported into REDCINE and forced it to look for the RED files.
Funny that REDCINE can look at the top root and find everything but Premiere cant :P
With that workflow I switched from the proxies to the R3D fine
Now thats all fine if I was ready to export from RCX to Resolve but still a pain in the ass since I need the editor to make changes in Premiere.
I also got the same steps to work in Resolve 11 but same end result.
I got cheeky and took the XML and edited to point to the new volume path and it seems to work. But all you see is the sequence clips and not whats in the project.
I will test this theory by importing just the FCPX XML and see if it loads the Project folder with the linked clips.
This is all going to be stupid if the project is not matched as the editors.
The editor created a myriad of bins with specific titles since he was also the Director/Writer of the feature.